Player

Synergy needs an update

There are a couple things sorely missing from synergy that need serious attention. Feel free to chime in if I missed anything you feel is a major issue and hopefully we can get the devs' attention.

1. Abilities are locked once chosen. Especially given the lack of explanation on exactly what any of them actually DO, it is extremely irritating that there is no way to change your ability upgrades. A simple "Reset All" option which refunds the appropriate number of upgrade points would likely be the best option, since it should logically require less work to implement a single menu option or item rather than even more menus to reduce specific abilities one level at a time. If there is some worry about "balance issues", make it thru an item purchased with 10,000 cinders that is only available to buy with capped synergy skill or the like..

2. Lack of viable and/or useful recipes at the highest tiers. I'm sure that the devs could come up with something other than honor augments that could reasonably be added even at this point in the game's life. It makes no sense that there are literally zero relevant recipes at the highest point of the craft.

3. Lack of new recipes in general. Recipes like the Fotias helped keep synergy from being entirely useless, so why not continue adding them for other items which have natural cycles/sets? Off the top of my head we could combine: abyssea satchels, WOE capes, and crafting torques (if you exclude fishing). I'm positive there are tons of other options that would make sense for this type of recipe and honestly surprised they aren't already around. Even simple space-saver ideas like combining certain bard instruments would be a welcome addition for instance.

4. No increase in skill cap. How long has the cap been stuck at 80? Especially given the lack of newer high-end recipes, there doesn't seem to be any reason why the cap can't be raised to 100. This craft has become niche at best, and increasing the cap is unlikely to raise any hackles about lost marketshare from more than possibly a very small handful of players.
    (4)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I asked for being able to change synergy skills years ago back in 2011, 5 years later and still no reply from SE. So seems unlikely.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...rgy#post108264
    (0)

Hello, everyone!

I am happy to inform you that there will be adjustments made to Synergy in the future; however, I do not have a specific time frame to share with you all just yet so hang in there~!!
    (3)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Woah, really? I thought it was one of those dead and forgotten things added like monstrosity.
    (2)

Player
    O_o omg i actually got the devs' attention! \o/

This is great news. Any hints you are allowed to give as far as to which aspects are being looked at?
    (0)

Probably pay $2/month to increase cap to 90 and $4/month to increase cap to 100.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Probably pay $2/month to increase cap to 90 and $4/month to increase cap to 100.
    So long as that also applied to all subcrafts for all characters on the account and was $1/$2, I would actually be tempted >_>
    (0)

Player
    If possible, can we get some more combining synths like the Fotias?

Off the top of my head:
    - Crafting Torques (exclude Fishing Torque, maybe add "Material Loss -1%"?)
    - Abyssea Elemental Sachets (could be even be used to introduce new shorthand ^^ "All Attributes +2, All Elemental Resistances +10, Occasionally absorbs magic damage")
    - Each set of the basic crafted rings and earrings could also stand the above treatment. Although I doubt you'd want to have to add 3x recipes per tier.. Maybe a single recipe using the +1 rings/earrings with chance to HQ a +2 equivalent?)
    - Upgraded versions of the quested latent effect crafting weapons from Wings of the Goddess. Cooking already has had Hocho since the beginning, so why not give some love to everyone else? ^^

I'm sure there are plenty of other potential upgrade/combine targets. Just throwing out a few ideas that I would like to see.
    (0)