Thread: New Spells?

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

New Spells?

Might as well ask but any plans for new spells for players planned?

Maybe Banishga 3? Banish 4?
    Or others?

(3)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyara View Post
    Maybe Banishga 3? Banish 4?
    I agree. It'd be nice to finish these spell lines that end at 40 and 65.
    (2)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I would like for the holy magics to get a buff in addition to higher tiers. As a low level WHM/BLM elemental magic did more to the enemies than banish. In addition to that, banish was more MP to cast.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    In addition to that, banish was more MP to cast.
    Don't forget the cast times are higher too.
    (0)

Player
    So let's see: on the WHM side to "match" BLM we'd need Banish IV/V (plus VI from gifts, probably at 550), Banishga III, and Banishja. (Ugh, I don't like the sound of that last one. Just call it Holyja like in FF12, which sounds a little better.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Bravery/Faith added (as pure physical/magical damage dealt+X% buffs) to RDM as single-target (note: NOT self-only) buffs, either. It'd give a reason to go from double GEOs to GEO+RDM in endgame content.
    (1)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I would like to see some of those high tier divine spells for whm. Fighting an undead NM in [insert end-game content here]?
    Magic burst with Cures or banish spells.
    Why not give whm some MB love when the enemy is dark based?
    (1)

Player
    Unless you actually gear your whm in magic attack gear and all that expensive stuff what's the point?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Unless you actually gear your whm in magic attack gear and all that expensive stuff what's the point?
    Eh, in WHM's case the best magic attack set they can wear involves *nothing* crafted, so it's not expensive other than time investment. (WHM can't wear Amalric, and Kaykaus doesn't build into a MAB+ set at all really, so the aim is for a set of Chironic with heavy MAB+ bonuses instead. Yes, that means blowing through a lot of stones probably, and you're still likely to be a good 50 MAB short of a BLM anyway.)
    (0)

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Really all I want is for them to fill in the missing gaps in the player spells that they never got around to or didnt impliment.

I'd love to see for example

WHM get Banishga 3 and Banish 4 which regular mobs have but for whatever reason the Devs never gave players. Maybe add Banish 5 and Banishga 4.
    RDM Id like to see get the tier 1 AoE enfeebs since they got tier 2 single having up to Dia 4 and Bio 4 as merit based and Dia 3/Bio 3 as a normal default spell. Maybe Dia and Bio 5 as gifts. Also would like to see the rest of the Poison spells up to tier 5 implimented too.
    BLM I'd love to see tier IV aga spells added and maybe have a MAB bonus if the ja spell of the corresponding element was used beforehand. Maybe Tier V aga with gifts.

Theres a bunch of unused spells in the dats that were never implimented wouldbe nice if SE went and used them since theyre there.
    (0)