Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    @ Rambus I really *really* want that set but its a little hard soloing mobs to get loads of exp/AN as a 73 SCH, if it where somehow possible to "share" AN with same id's it'd be way easier (though Tohi is just as low on AN >.> sooo...)

Yeah heh XD sorry if it seemed like I was showing off, but I was lucky that time all Gunther did was Regen, Regen the book & Protect the book, I left him zero time to even cast shell on himself or the book. Also as started in the description I had elemental magic capped for 70, I just soloed the rng rats while in the blu Pool to cap it. they don't get in melee range of you but if you don't like to take chances then do sleep nuke or bind nuke, if you get links (like with non rng) just run though the water.
    73? i was making quote on gear 70 and lower, if you are 73 get into abyssea, get 90 get some seals and get gear that creams that stuff XD.

anyways SCH is one of my higher AN jobs, cast a few nukes, buff and cure your self, use spirt taker when possable, eat hp max item/ mp max item, tp wing, though all those temsp may not be for you, i just spam them cuz i can
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    SCH is actually pretty easy to do if you don't mind dieing a few times. Manifestation and Accession is your friend since you can cure EVERYONE in a very small area if you cast it on an NPC. Same thing with Manifestation though good luck landing, Bindga, drainga, aspirga, Graviga, and select others. You'll die pretty quickly but it's fun enough~

You'll want to set your past nation to Windurst, but if nothing else focus on that Cobra coat. As far as nuking is concerned, it will last you until Teal Saio. It's 75k AN and Medal rank. After that, Feet are your safest bet at 50,000k AN.
    (0)
    Last edited by Delvish; 04-15-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: More specific
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    73? i was making quote on gear 70 and lower, if you are 73 get into abyssea, get 90 get some seals and get gear that creams that stuff XD.

anyways SCH is one of my higher AN jobs, cast a few nukes, buff and cure your self, use spirt taker when possable, eat hp max item/ mp max item, tp wing, though all those temsp may not be for you, i just spam them cuz i can

I've taken him to some Dom ops, I got 2 seals out of the.. I don't remember how many I did with my ls.... drg for my main (thank you SE for allowing EX Dboxing soon) & then rdm, saving it just in case. Some seal nm's drop the sch seals along with drg or drk's I hold onto them till the update (so far none dropped ) I did recently get hold of the sch af3 feet...now I gotta save cucor & other things to get the rest *faints* I don't nessarly wanna "burn" to 90, I wanna cap skills (elemental & enfeebles mainly) on each level, it seems ether Abyssea mobs are way too high or I just had bad luck getting skill ups aside from healing or enhancing.

*cough* Maybe SE could make ...no that's impossible x_x though out of the mil+ cucor I have on main i'd like to send half of it over to my alt.

lol I lost count how many times I died from Accession Protect/Shell IV or accession Cure IV's. Funniest was spamming Paralyna-ra....pissed off the tigers sooo much they all rampaged after me XD

I'm 2 away from Medal of Altana on Main, Cuddle is stuck on Feast for Gnats to that medal is as high as he can get right now D:
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I have kind of been putting this off for the last couple of weeks, partly to work on some of my other jobs and also to work on some RL stuff. I've been camping for Moldy earring, no success yet and getting the Cobra Unit Robe is making slow progress, but I suspect I can live without it, as much as I love Campaign (had an alliance running the other day would you believe? Contrary to some people's pessimism, Aby hasn't completely killed the game ) Also, I love the AoE NPC trick, I just wish NPCs had a better AI and attacked the mobs my alliance were instead of standing in a stupid place doing nothing and not within a good AoE distance.

I re-attempted today with the current gear:

Main - Elem Staves
    Sub - Bugard Leather Strap+1 (MP+ 10, INT+1, MND+1, CHR+1)
    Ammo - Phantom Tathlum (MP+10, INT+2)
    Hat - Scholar
    Body - Scholar
    Hands - Scholar
    Legs - Scholar (waiting on the druids slops to appear in AH again)
    Feet - Scholar
    Neck - Enlightened Chain (INT+3, MND+2)
    Waist - Penitent's Rope (HP-20, INT+5, MND+5, Emnity-3)
    Back - Red Cape (INT+2, MND+2)
    Rings - Wisdom Ring x2 (INT+3, Ice + 6, each)
    Earring - Cunning Earring (INT+1), farming Moldy

That means I've got: +25 INT (+29 when using Ice Staff for Blizzard)

I found that I got his HP to half in two spells. Verdict: I'm not quick enough. My tactic was: Blink Band before entry, Stoneskin, Sublimation, Go in and nuke with Tabula Rasa up. Foolishly, I didn't hit Alacrity, which would have made all of the difference (panic I guess - I'll macro the stratagems together next time). My nukes were hitting harder this time, even though he still had Shell III (he cast it as I was casting stoneskin) I prolly should avoid stoneskin and sublimation, I don't know what possessed me to macro sublimation.

The Battle Plan is:

Before Battle -
    Blink Band
    During -
    (Macros)
    Dark Arts
    Addendum: Black
    Sandstorm + Klimaform
    Parsimony + Alacrity + Ebullience + Stone IV (Earth Staff switch)
    Tabula Rasa
    Parsimony + Alacrity + Ebullience + Blizzard III (Ice Staff switch)
    Parsimony + Alacrity + Ebullience + Thunder III(Thunder Staff switch)
    Parsimony + Alacrity + Ebullience + Stone IV (Earth Staff switch)
    Celebrate (maybe macro a little victory dance )
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saefinn View Post
    Legs - Scholar (waiting on the druids slops to appear in AH again)
    dont wait for gimp gear....
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I finally beat him. It took me 14 tries. But thank you all for your advice. I'll go through my experience to offer lessons to anybody else who reads this thread that wants to do Scholar G5.

A portion of the losses were just down to error and sheer noobishness. Hitting the wrong macros, getting in a muddle and being a general failure at life and everything. E.G. I kept hitting my macro for 'Modus Veritas' instead of 'Tabula Rasa' then I realized I was hitting the macro, but it just wasted time, hence death. Timing was everything, the slightest thing that was wrong meant death, but once timing was right, all errors had been eliminated, my macros fine tuned and it felt actually quite easy, as though I should have done it first time round. But then, I took him down in 3 spells, so what's difficult about that? The work goes into the preparation.

All the gear in this thread is probably ideal, but this was my final setup:

Weapon - Elemental Staves NQ (1 HQ, Aquilo's Staff, INT+5, Wind + 20, Elem Mag Skill+ 10, Hidden Effect - Magic Affinity + 2)
    Grip - Bugard Leather Stap + 1 (MP+10, INT+1, MND+1, CHR+1)
    Ammo - Phantom Tathlum (MP+10, INT+2)
    Head - Scholar's Mortarboard
    Neck - Scholar's Torque (Mag Acc + 1, Mag Att. Bonus + 1) - I did nab a +3 INT chain, but took advice on Mag Att > INT
    Ear - Cunning Earring
    Body - Scholar's Gown
    Hands - Scholar's Bracers
    Rings - Wisdom Ring x2, (INT+3, Ice+6 each)
    Back - Red Cape (INT+2, MND+2)
    Waist - Penitent's Rope (HP-20, INT+5, MND+5, Enmity - 3)
    Legs - Scholar's Pants
    Feet - Scholar's Loafers

Cap without Dark/Light Arts is 201 (As a D Grade skill). Being close to the cap can make a difference enough to fail.

With my Elemental Magic Skill Capped:
    My method was:
    Blink Band
    Enter
    Shell III
    Stoneskin
    Aquaveil (one time, he interrupted my spell and it put me out and I died)
    Regen II (Figured a little extra HP wouldn't go amiss once SS was down)
    Dark Arts
    Addendum: Black
    Parsimony -> Alacrity -> Ebullience -> Earth Staff -> Stone IV (Hits for 384)
    Tabula Rasa
    Parsimony -> Alacrity -> Ebullience -> Aquilo's Staff (somebody loaned me one) -> Blizzard III (Hits for 338)
    Parsimony -> Alacrity -> Ebullience -> Thunder Staff -> Thunder III (Hits for 337)
    Schultz Defeated

My health
    ~75%

All Schultz had time for:
    Shell III x 2
    Protect IV x 2
    Water III (Gunther)
    Cryohelix (Grimoire - hits for 0 because of Stoneskin)
    Stone III (Gunther)
    With Grimoire meleeing throughout

A few things I noticed in my many failures:
    Some folk have the misconception that Dark/Light Arts caps your skill, I was led into that misconception. It's not capped unless it's blue, even for SCH. It will seem like your skill ups don't affect your skill level in Dark/Light Arts, but they will increase the closer you get to cap. Mine was 237 under Dark/Light Arts, when capped they were iirc 248 - sure it doesn't look like a lot, but it seems to make enough of a difference.
    Also: repeating spells makes them weak. I do not know why this happened, I figured it's that spell not landing properly, but it only seemed to happen to me when repeating a nuke, e.g. Stone IV - ~380, Thunder III ~ 330, Stone IV ~ 80 (that was what I got on try 12 and 13) so maybe Schultz builds up a resistance to them.

Items: A friend suggested I bring a Vile Elixir +1, which restores 50% HP and MP instantly without a medicated effect. I didn't use mine Vile Elixir +1, I found in the try I did use one, I was VERY close to winning (closer than previous attempts). It's probably good to carry and macro one just in case. The downside is, they go for between 60 and 70k on my server. I tried being a cheapskate, but a SQ Vile Elixir is not even worth the time it takes to use - tier III nukes can hit you quite hard.

Gunther sometimes casts Regen and I found that when he did it was a pain and I do remember in a couple of fights he had full health soon after I nuked him. Dispel might be useful, though he buffs on Protect IV and Shell III so you have 1/3 chance of removing it.

My method of not buffing (except the Blink Band before I went in) so he doesn't buff in hope to hit him harder doesn't work, he pretty much casts Shell III straight away and even with Alacrity, you're not going to beat the casting time of it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Saefinn; 05-07-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2