Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

SE doesnt seem to want to help

I have reported this character on bahamut numerous times, showed SE that they are just there to mess up the market, not there to have fun like everyone else, and they are hindering all the fun we could be having by tripling the prices on ites and rhodum and other gold products over and over again to the point where noone knows what the price is anymore and just sells at the top price. it may seem smart but is in fact just a jerk way to make it harder for people to make a profit off those materials, and those materials are essential, yes essential to goldsmithing and making money. is this person /persons RMT? i cant prove it myself but what i do know is they are inconsiderate. SE doesnt seem to want to help me after all the complaints i put in, everyone else just says its normal to raise prices. its not normal to raise a price 3x what it is over and over again until people believe in it. thats just wrong. and im sick of having to deal with this.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Unfortunately, while it's a dirty tactic, as far as I know it's legal. The countermeasure would be to not purchase the items and farm/craft them yourself, denying the person their profits. General rule of supply and demand, really; he can afford to put stuff up at X price because people will pay X price. If it becomes too exorbitant, then people will stop paying X price, because it's unreasonable and beyond the means they're willing to pay. And when that happens, he'll have to start charging lower. Alternatively, farm and put the same items up for just under his price, make a profit yourself. Undercutting is another tactic to counter price gouging, because your stuff sells faster due to being at a lower price and the history shows the price going down. If you undercut the price, people start expecting to pay Y for the items instead of X, and X becomes unreasonable, forcing the person to lower their own prices or make no sales, just losing AH tax each time.

But yeah, it's legal, so naturally SE won't do anything about it.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Ashleh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    You're upset because someone is raising prices on items in the auction house? Completely legal. SE will do nothing, unless you can prove they are an RMT (which you probably can't).
    (1)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    raising prices is legal i agree, but the truth of the matter is this person is using 20+ mules to sell back and forth to each other manipulating the system. they are doing it over and over and over again every single day erasing the history charts. sure it just sounds devious, but it is messed up for people trying to buy supplies when the supplies now all exceed the products they make in price, so the profit is destroyed by some 13 year old little jerk kid. now if there are no rules against that, then i would like to state that i am a paying customer, have been for 8+ years, and i hate to see my game goto shreds because one person out of 100000 finds it funny to erase entire histories and keep selling the same items over and over again. also let me also state that this behavior he has on the chart for 6 years, so if he is not rmt you sure coulda fooled me. I am sorry to complain like this its just bothering me that i pay for 7 chars in this game i try to do the right thing, then people like him come up stalk my prices then target them for their own gain.
    (0)

Price fixing, using multiple accounts to buy/sell from themselves to manipulate the economy is against the TOS, but... with the GM staff being such a small group anymore my guess is it's just not the immediate ban priority it used to be and the individual will likely just continue to get away with it. /comfort
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    Price fixing, using multiple accounts to buy/sell from themselves to manipulate the economy is against the TOS, but... with the GM staff being such a small group anymore my guess is it's just not the immediate ban priority it used to be and the individual will likely just continue to get away with it. /comfort
    This.

If said person is buying and selling to his/hers own account then that breaks the terms of agreement. Did you follow the correct protocol and report the suspected names via the Special Task Force link?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    This.

If said person is buying and selling to his/hers own account then that breaks the terms of agreement. Did you follow the correct protocol and report the suspected names via the Special Task Force link?
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/co...261.1431354593 <- the link to report the accounts to.
    (0)