Character
    Wraistlin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 55

Solo (with Trust Party) Shadow Lord at Level 55 (PLD/WAR)

Hello. In a bit of a hard spot with this one. I'm more or less stuck trying to get rank 6, which in turn is blocking me from being able to get my fifth trust slot, hence being able to get my Break Limit II perk. Quite frustrating how one thing effects a lot others. (Though, when it works to my benefit it is a thing of majesty. )

What I'm trying to figure out is how to beat this Shadow Lord at level 55. I can't get a good team of trusts with Offensive Magic due to my rank being too low. So, what ends up happening is I beat the crap out of SL to half life (his not mine) and then I hit a brick wall when his Physical Attack block phase kicks in.

I've thought about doing a sword enhancement, but can't seem to find a solution.

What course of action should I take?
    (0)

i'd of recommended Shantotto II, but... I guess you missed her.

My only other recommendation is shouting/yelling for help... sometimes people are happy to help... if you dont find someone one day, shout again later.

But other than that... I think Waiting until you're higher level might help, if you get adequately high enough you can usually just sub /SCH and nuke him down even on PLD.
    (0)

Character
    Yutaroremi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Well, it does make it out more difficult since most trust npcs are available after some point in mission progression. You could try the trusts from the montly login campaigns, but this month I don't see any mage on the list.

Back in the old days, we used to join other linkshells to beat story missions (and level up faster), since they always required full parties. If someone more leveled up could help you that would be the best approach. You could try /shout around Jeuno to see if anyone is willing to help. You could also go to the menu options ingame, to the helpdesk and do a Mentor Search and search on all areas to see if there's any mentor player willing to help you on your mission.

Good luck out there!
    (0)

I forget theres a Campaign going on for Trusts though too...

Qultada
    Adelheid
    Amchuchu
    Sakura
    Ovjang
    Mnejing
    Rahal
    Koru-Moru
    Cid

One of the puppets, I forget which, is a BLM... Adellady is a SCH and she does nuke... Those two are available now and I think you can get them?
    (0)