Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    A super Pld, in the case of this Japanese gentleman, would be a Jobmaster with completed all RME swords and shields. His main has been PLD since forever and he is very good at it.

Enmity is considered broken by many players, there are lots of threads about this subject. In certain events enmity seems to behave randomly at times, even assuming the new normal is not broken, there are clearly errors occurring.

My point was not really about enmity, but about the "one death = game over" rule which is ridiculous. Enmity just makes this rule even more risky

Thankyou for your kind offer of assisting me. I have however tossed my lvl 109 empyrean sets now. My enthusiasm for further hoop-jumping and mousewheel-running is at null point zero. To be quite honest, I don't like the built-in obsolescence of ilvl gear.

I will most likely be playing my locked-at-75 second-character in the future, so that mobs/NMs/events in old areas Vana'diel are still a fun and interesting challenge, and I can use my lvl 75 gear knowing it won't be made obsolete every few weeks.
    well then im a super pld =P also if u change your mind at some point let me know !
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    well then im a super pld =P also if u change your mind at some point let me know !
    You are a very kind person, thankyou. ^^

(0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I've reached out to the server a little more and hopefully we can do a full run tonight. It would be nice to know if the team are considering any changes to the content; or a Vagary Campaign at least.
    (0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Had a nice run last night. My LS is growing and is looking healthy again. We killed Palloritus and Rancibus with no issues. One thing a couple of our members had a problem with was getting Magic Bursts without killing to spawn Plouton. They wasted a crazy amount of time and mobs getting it right, but it was only their second time doing it.

They wasted so much time we got to Putraxia and timed out .. so we had to re-enter and a couple of members who needed the clear had to leave. Still, it shows how annoying these spawn phases can be, and for anyone who's never done it before, would be a major roadblock in getting them the clear.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kylos; 04-21-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Also just wanted to add that I'm so tired of getting Etched Memories .. Codex, and other pieces of gear I don't need from the random option in Leafallia. Last week I begged (sarcasm overload) for an Etched Memory .. and it gave me one. This week I didn't beg for anything, and I got a Codex. I've been kicked in the nuts by the random option every week for 6-7 months, and damn .. my nuts are tired of the punishment. What's the point in a random option if it's never going to drop anything besides an etched memory or piece of gear you already thrown away 10+ times? I remember a time when I got three Rabid Visors in a row. I must have had at least five Incarnation Sash.

Are you tired of the random option kicking you in the nuts? Are you tired of clearing the entirety of Vagary .. just so "The master does NOT deem you worthy"? Please, if you're sick and tired of being kicked in the nuts on a regular basis, respond with your story and share the abuse. By the way .. I'm going to keep posting here til either 1) someone from SE responds, 2) a Vagary Campaign starts, 3) news of adjustments to Vagary, or 4) I get banned from the forums. I'm going to keep this post alive for many months til something happens. And not for my sake .. no, this isn't for me. This is for every single player who's been kicked in the nuts by Vagary.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 04-21-2016 at 03:26 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    My only objection is that you don't have to pick the random option; if you're going for anything besides the platemail, you can obtain it via the actual choices, to my knowledge. If you're complaining that random gets you equipment and memories you don't need, then go for specifics. Otherwise, if you're going for the best piece from Vagary with the random dial, then accept random as random. I'll admit that the drop rate from Plouton is a little ridiculous, as we've yet to see one ourselves, but the random option shouldn't be dealing you out one every other time either. So, random is as random does, when it says it pulls from the entire pool it pulls from the entire pool. Need a material, or a specific armor piece? Pick them manually. Want the platemail? Luck is luck, as it always is in the game.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

It's frustrating not having clears for my wifaru and I but with only one zone win and Vagary being bereft of life during the very limited time we're online we accepted ilvl119 AF3 just wasn't happening for us and moved on.

There needs to be a solo-duo friendly way to get the ki's.... I'm not asking for platemail or drops... I'd like a mini fight (think smn avatar mini vs normal) with solo survivable content on all jobs exclusively for the win ki's.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jile; 04-21-2016 at 10:54 AM.

8. 04-21-2016 10:15 PM
    Reason
    duplicate

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    I loved Vagary, it's the perfect kind of system in FFXI imo, requires teamwork, feels hard, but with synergy and progression it becomes very easy, as most of the Empy reforged items are becoming less useful (outside of some swap peices) it becomes less rewarding, but still great content, I wish more had even been done in that vein, that said:

I couldn't agree more with Kylos about Tartarus mail, it's droprate is abysmal, I was on break when the campaigns have been running, I've yet to see one drop though 2 are in our shell due to those campaigns, obtained while I was gone. The droprate on that thing is not realistic to how FFXI is run in this day and age... it feels like a hold-over from a bygone era when the point of XI was to bash your head against a wall until either it or your head gave, that's not the XI of today, and it's something I don't want to return to.

On an unrelated (except for the feeling it gives me) note, what the heck is with Reisenjimma augments, I thought they learned their lesson, completely random augments are horrible, the latest skirmish gear was the first "random" augment system I didn't hate due items having 3 seperate slots and different stones, (and I love ambuscade back augments) why do we keep returning to these completely random systems that everyone hates? Choosing a path, or an augment, or at the very least rolling one slot at a time is a thousand times better.
    I disagee with your random augments statement with Reisenjima gear. It's good that they are random because it keeps the stones valuable and worthwhile to farm. I for one, have most the gear I need from Reisenjima BUT I still help others with NM's and try to go there as much as I can so I can farm more stones for free. The random stones augments keep me going back for more. Yes it would be nice to max out MB and ACC on some pieces but that would be too easy
    (0)

Player
    [QUOTE=Selindrile;576365]I loved Vagary, it's the perfect kind of system in FFXI imo, requires teamwork, feels hard, but with synergy and progression it becomes very easy, as most of the Empy reforged items are becoming less useful (outside of some swap peices) it becomes less rewarding, but still great content, I wish more had even been done in that vein, that said:

I do agree with you here. Empy reforged is becoming less useful. I still use 2 pieces however - The hands for beastmaster is still amazing, and the legs for whm basically gives you unlimited MP for cures. For months I've been trying to convince my wife to order pizza one night and take a break from cooking dinner and join in on vagary clears so she can get her 119 empy body for blm. When she finally did she ended up getting amalric body a few days later from Pakecet anyways. LOL!
    (1)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Vagary Campaign would be cool. Even if it's a week.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast