Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd settle for being able to buy the clear KIs with login points. The odds that I'll ever be part of a group clearing these things is extremely low, so all my emp tidbits are stuck at 109 indefinitely.
    (1)

Can't get ilvl 119 Empyrean gear cause nobody does this event and it takes killing some NM for key items to unlock the gear.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You know it's ironic. If they removed the clear requirement to reforge Empy, more people would do Vagary anyway. If more people can reforge Empy, then the upgrade items are more valuable. If the upgrade items are more valuable then more people would farm vagary for gil.
    (3)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Woooot! Vagary Campaign next month. **FFVII Fanfare music**
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Woooot! Vagary Campaign next month. **FFVII Fanfare music**
    Oi Kylos, what are the jobs that you usually have a shortage of for Vagary? I'm thinking about maybe trying to hitch a ride for the KIs for Empy reforge during the campaign if I'm lucky enough to find groups doing the thing whenever I play (too random to make plans though.)

I know RDM is a no go, but I'm starting to gear up WHM for Sinister Reign. And if gearing another job isn't too much of a hassle I want to see if I can give it a try this time.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Oi Kylos, what are the jobs that you usually have a shortage of for Vagary? I'm thinking about maybe trying to hitch a ride for the KIs for Empy reforge during the campaign if I'm lucky enough to find groups doing the thing whenever I play (too random to make plans though.)

I know RDM is a no go, but I'm starting to gear up WHM for Sinister Reign. And if gearing another job isn't too much of a hassle I want to see if I can give it a try this time.
    Why what's wrong with RDM? A RDM can support in a tank party, it can Haste II a SAM for skillchains (perf/plouton), it can dispel and distract II mobs. Or you can put it in a mage party to either support or help with nuking.

Either way I only take the following jobs: PLD WHM BLM SCH RDM BRD GEO COR SMN SAM. -- We usually have two PLDs for Palloritus and Rancibus, then one of the PLD switches to SAM to pop Perfidien/Plouton in the following run. I've taken the odd BLU sometimes, but we don't buff for that job as we take 6-7 BLMs and have them MB off the SCH when necessary.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah Ray, don't give up on your RDM ! Smart shells still use them, so keep it geared and keep it alive.
    (1)

Thanks for the info.

And no worries, not giving up on RDM (it's 90% of the reason I've played XI since NA release.) But experience tells me that unless I'm part of the LS the chances of getting a spot for an event as a RDM are practically zero. So it's always good to have at the very least another job ready as an option.

Let's see how the dice rolls go this time around.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Thanks for the info.

And no worries, not giving up on RDM (it's 90% of the reason I've played XI since NA release.) But experience tells me that unless I'm part of the LS the chances of getting a spot for an event as a RDM are practically zero. So it's always good to have at the very least another job ready as an option.

Let's see how the dice rolls go this time around.
    Good luck finding a group! Hope it works out.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Pretty successful runs last week as we took 17-18 players and had no issues killing all five bosses on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. But no platemails! Not a single person has got a platemail yet. Still not seen the platemail drop from Plouton and it's the one-year anniversary for my Vagary LS. What else do we need to do? Spam Vagary every second of every day? Do Vagary for another year? What's it going to take to see some Platemails drop for us? Have we not earned it?

What I really want to know is if Treasue Hunter effects the drop on Plouton. We've tried it a bunch of times but it does nothing but give us the same loot pool. If we don't see any Platemails during this three week campaign it's going to be frustrating. Not that I ever expect Platemail to drop, because as far as my linkshell is concerned it doesn't exist. We ain't seen a Platemail drop since the last Vagary campaign in 2015, and on that occasion it went to someone who didn't want it through the random drop.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 06-22-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast