Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Player
    The complaint was that there ARE issues with the event itself that demotivates experienced people from running the event. A single random death locking out TWO bosses (and even depopping them instantaneously if one is up) and the pain of losing to the clock rather than the boss itself(Rancibus) due only to unlucky pillars are both good examples of problems with the event itself that would be wonderful if they were adjusted. I wholeheartedly support the idea of reducing the number of pillars with each successive wave since that would address one of the most frustrating aspects of Vagary. "Difficult" does not mean the same thing as "frustrating". A full alliance of experienced and appropriately geared players should not regularly fail an event due to spawn mechanics only. When I was actively doing Vagary, we got a "bad run" there 1/4-1/3 of our runs. Downing the boss was not our issue, we just had problems finding the stupid thing. -_-;;

The drop rate on T.Mail is amazingly/painfully lousy and could probably stand to be raised a bit, to at least 3-5% maybe? Enough so that groups that run twice a week for 6mon straight don't become convinced that the thing simply doesn't exist. :-/ The OP suggested some ideas using alternate routes to encourage grinding repeatedly so that people would not feel like that it was pointless to continue doing it once they had their clears and whatever non-T.Plate drops they were hoping for, which would directly increase benefit to everyone who runs it. I like this idea. ^^

The new crafted gear is not a "fix" to any of the actual issues about Vagary and should not be treated as such. It is a good thing that traffic has increased. I am not arguing against that. As I said earlier, I object to the overloading of uses that they are doing with some of the boss drops..

I've been thinking about it though, and I can't think of too many other high-level content drops that would be appropriate for highest-end crafting tbh. There really isn't much that could be used out of Escha (other than ore, which is already used for all the cursed gear, so please no ._.) so Vagary would be the highest mats around, generally speaking. >_<;; Unless they are willing to start using the likes of Ashweed and Eschalixir for crafting that is.
    (1)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The thing about the vagary mats is that they will eventually balance out. Defiant Sweat has already seen a drastic decrease in price since about a week after the update. So many people are doing Vagary that the auction house is flooded with these mats. If you look at the accessories themselves, most are well worth the couple of mil you will spend getting them. Sadly to say, the +1 will be crazy: the ones for goldsmithing are level 115 recipes so not too much getting high qualitied there. As for the earlier post about groups excluding people new to the event, don't be so sure. If you need the clear, offer to come along as whichever of your jobs they find most helpful, make it clear that you will follow all directions, and toss them a bone by saying you just want the clear so you won't even lot the mats. I personally wouldn't make you pass anything, but it may give more selfish leaders a reason to invite you. There is not perfect solution. They offered one that has greatly increased interest in the event, therefore greatly increasing peoples chances of getting clears. The two main gripes about the event have been addressed.
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7