Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It wouldn't be so bad if the player character would be animated in some way. Sitting there stiff as a board is very off-putting.
    (3)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if the player character would be animated in some way. Sitting there stiff as a board is very off-putting.
    I am in agreement with you Catmato and this is why I've suggested an options feature to change in types of sitting potions to the players prefences in my previous poze 'er' posts! :-)
    (1)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-11-2016 at 08:05 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Ya I'm 100% behind that. I really appreciate the devs working on additional features like this but without the animations it looks very bad no matter what pose you are in raptors are the same way. It looks very unfinished and unnatural, even idle breathing animations aren't active. When you ride a chocobo it looks very believable, characters have movement and life. It's like you're petrified when you get on the new mounts and just makes the entire thing feel unfinished

As far as side saddle itself, I grew up on a ranch I herded cows when I was a kid, no girl or woman ever rode side saddle. I was told when I asked about it that it was less safe/more dangerous as well and harder to ride. While a few places use it in shows, besides just preference I can't like it on those grounds. Also if you ever look at a side saddle, while there's different designs almost all of them have a horn (grip to hold onto) and another pommel that you can hook one leg over. Which is still way less safe and practical but they aren't just sitting there in the /sitchair position frozen and lifeless :P

I guess then it comes down to would people rather have these features added in this state or just not have them. My vote is I'd rather either wait for them to be in a finished state, or not have them, even though it is really nice to have a mount for ZNM etc. I'm sure some will disagree but eh, isn't worth arguing about. On the other hand I don't want to discourage new features in any way so for me ends up a tossup. I'd be for them removing sidesaddle and adding animations like when you use a chocobo though I understand animation can be very costly and time consuming, I'd rather have less quantity to preserve quality as once you stop caring about quality things tend to go to south in a hurry.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2