Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Wraistlin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 55

Best Server/World for a Level 50 PLD/WAR?

Starting playing back in 2004. Put in around 1700 hours over the course of a year or three and then when my friend put down the keyboard, so did I. In any case, every two or three years I get the itch to scrounge some spare time and check in on my character. This time I'd like to finally make it to Sky and maybe max level.

At the moment I'm on Bismarck, which I believe I was merged from way back when. By the looks of things from running the trail from Jeuno to Windurst I'd be better off finding a different server. Now, if anyone knows of a strong community on Bis that would like to have a good (albeit a bit rusty) tank onboard, I'd stay. If not, I'd like to know what the general consensus is on where someone who simply wants to beat as much of the game as possible, as a PLD/WAR, should go.

It's good to be back.
    (1)

From what I've read online, the Asura server has a stronger population and if you google reddit ffxi there is a large helpful linkshell there that can help bring you up to speed.
    (0)

Player
    You need to keep in mind that most players are not in the starter areas, they are in the new cities or high level areas. So the lack of people in certain low level areas means very little.

However the best current server if you want english speaking players is Asura.

The game has changed completely since when you played last, there are no groups for leveling. You solo with the help of npc party members, which you collect from npcs in the starter nations. You also level via kill quests, started in the menus.

You can get to 99 completely solo, you can do all the quests and missions solo too, a large amount of endgame can also be done solo. Keep in mind that when I say solo I mean you + 3-5 npc party members.
    (0)

Character
    Ashleh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    The most active server seems to be Asura.
    (0)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Bahamut also has a good base of NA/EU/jp players, but asura more NA/EU than jp i think
    (0)

Character
    Wraistlin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 55
    Cool. Good advice from everyone it seems. I was just reading about Trusts today and realized that's probably the only way I'll progress past my current level. So, it's basically just unlock the Trust NPCs and then...try to figure out where I left off as far as questing goes? The last thing I remember is power leveling somewhere. Is there a way I can visit someplace to verify what I need to do after unlocking trust?

What is the work-around for a slow economy? (Auction house seems abandoned.)
    (0)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    work on leveling, gain sparks through roe quests, sell gear from sparks (say lvl 30-50 gear for eg. to an npc vendor, that'll net you a bit of cash to get you on your feet
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraistlin View Post
    Cool. Good advice from everyone it seems. I was just reading about Trusts today and realized that's probably the only way I'll progress past my current level. So, it's basically just unlock the Trust NPCs and then...try to figure out where I left off as far as questing goes? The last thing I remember is power leveling somewhere. Is there a way I can visit someplace to verify what I need to do after unlocking trust?

What is the work-around for a slow economy? (Auction house seems abandoned.)
    You get equipment from the questing NPC.

You will want to do the new rhapsodies of Vana missions because these give massive bonuses to you, they let you can upto 5 trusts and give like +100%+ XP (for example "Rhapsody in White" key item which gives big bonuses) as well as new zones.
    http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/C...;diel_Missions

You can either level from grounds of valor books or Escha Zitah (a new zone)

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Grounds_Tome
    You find the book, pick a kill quest from the floating book in the zone and kill monsters.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Escha_-_Zi'Tah
    Just kill mobs here, they give a lot of xp and other things.

So basically:
    Log in, type /quest and go down to "objective list". Look through this and basically activate quests that apply to you, this will give you more trusts as well as kill count quests that you can do via your trusts. As you do these you get "sparks" which can be traded for gear and other endgame stuff at the npc.
    Isakoth in Bastok Markets (E-11)

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Records_of_Eminence
    http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Sparks_of_Eminence
    (1)

Character
    Wraistlin
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 55
    Pixela, I read your reply and thought, "hey, this should be an easy up-and-into-action plan." Guess I was wrong. It took me a good couple of hours running around T. Canyon and flying to Jeuno like I was lost before I realized just what you were suggesting I do. Working on the list of Basic Objective List category at the moment. Some of these are a bit of a pain for someone who hasn't played for a long time. For example, doing the FoV Training Regime is a bit advanced for someone who's never done it, not to mention to be in the category Basic. lol
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraistlin View Post
    Pixela, I read your reply and thought, "hey, this should be an easy up-and-into-action plan." Guess I was wrong. It took me a good couple of hours running around T. Canyon and flying to Jeuno like I was lost before I realized just what you were suggesting I do. Working on the list of Basic Objective List category at the moment. Some of these are a bit of a pain for someone who hasn't played for a long time. For example, doing the FoV Training Regime is a bit advanced for someone who's never done it, not to mention to be in the category Basic. lol
    I know it's confusing and seems really difficult, it did to me too. It's actually really simple though.

You don't have to do all the quests, just the ones that apply to whatever zone you are in. Also they won't count if the monsters are too weak. For FoV/GoV just do the one that applies to your level range (easiest way to do this is swap to a level 1 job outsie of bastok markets book and kill one round of monsters).

Again you don't have to do all of them, just the ones you want to do.

So like as an example of what I would personally do at a level 50 player starting off now:

Do all of the quests in Tutorial / Basics, this will give you 5 extra trusts (you can do the fov entry at the book outside bastok on a level 1 job)
    Activate the quests in combat (wide area) like vanquish multiple enemies, deal 10-20 dmg, deal 110-120 dmg, total damage, total damage taken
    Activate the ones in spoils that apply to whatever you are fighting that they drop, dark and wind crystals etc (only the ones that drop the crystals from whatever you're fighting)
    Then goto "combat (original areas 2)" and "activate conflict crawlers nest 0/10"
    Then go down to other > daily objectives and activate vanquish multiple enemies (daily)

Now goto Crawlers nest, talk to the book near the entrance and pick page 4 and put it on repeat. Move in and find the monsters this book quest asks you to kill and kill the 4 exorays and 2 hornflies (exorays aggro and flies link so keep that in mind). Once you kill those 6 mobs, the quest will give you 2k XP or so ontop of the XP you get killing the monsters and repeat.

So doing this you will get XP from killing monsters, get xp from the GoV book quest and get the XP from doing the sparks of valor quests too.

You can delete any of the sparks quests by going into the quests menu, clicking on "current", clicking it and picking remove. (can only have 30 active)
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast