Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Cause it would make all trials trivial and everyone would be done and have nothing to do thus quitting and no money for SE.

If the only options available to someone are "do (elemental) magian trials" or "quit the game," I think we have far bigger problems.
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    If the only options available to someone are "do (elemental) magian trials" or "quit the game," I think we have far bigger problems.
    Agreed, its not like those are a massive time sink anyways.

I use to do this event. It was fun and different upon release, and had great weapon rewards to aim for. In order to breathe new life into this event though, it would have to be dumbed down. It is currently far to complicated for people to bother learning about it. Change the "sanitation team" and such names to actually describe what your goal is, instead of having to read up on it.

Also runes should be easier to obtain. I remember spending a week or so of doing MMM every day aiming for that 1 exp rune (before buyable mazes were available) and that kind of time sink is demotivating. Make more runes buyable, and make it so everyone in the run gets the rune that drops (instead of competing for lots on it, or YMYD).

Lastly, it needs new items. Items drive how frequently an event is done. Put some new shiny weps or armor geared to 99 and players will naturally come back to the system.
    (4)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I somewhat enjoyed how difficult some of the runes were to obtain, honestly. Got pretty darned good at the treasure box MMM and my runs started netting me 50+ marbles as long as the dragon didn't screw me over. It really does need some better rewards to justify how much of a time sink it is, though. Could probably use some new, harder bosses too.
    (2)

For that matter, how about increasing the skill up rate on the crafting and fishing mazes?
    (1)

Player
    Bit of a necrobump but, I just think it bears repeating, MMM needs something to make it not completely ignored content. Weather runes or new gear, I personally would like both, but would settle for either.
    (1)

Character
    Annex
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Cause it would make all trials trivial and everyone would be done and have nothing to do thus quitting and no money for SE.
    Only if you had the right rune combination. Do you know how long it takes to get marbles to get runes? I do like the idea of adding a weather rune. I have a lot of species runes already and would be glad to put up copies for people to grab. However putting up each mob with each weather would cost quite a few marbles, which I can not afford, especially if maintenance happen and then lets say emergency maintenance happened a day later.

I used to do MMM all the time before abyssea. I even used the PL disband from party trick with 5 DDs fighting the whole time. I even introduced MMM to a lot of people on my server trying to get DDs for our exp parties lol. It was a lot of fun, and I really do like the system. In fact I literally just did 3 marble runs for someone in my LS that is trying to get the items for a fishing maze. lol.

SE give us weather runes please!
    (3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2