Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Ok, what about all the rest of the things?

Can you enter more than once a day? if so then you have a point, if not then given it takes <10 minutes to run and you have 24 hours per day to enter (and most will spam at jp midnight) I don't see the problem.

In a week there will be no problems at all for anyone as is the case for all content, I don't see why we have these same complaints after every patch when it always goes the same way.

Everyone gets mad if they have to wait even 10-20 minutes when content is brand newly added right after a patch, it's just silly in my mind.

FFXI is an old game they have strict limitations on what they can do, they can't do what they do on newer games where they just make unlimited instances of everything. Adding more NPC won't fix the problem because the issue is limited battlefields.
    (0)

Character
    Larien
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yes you can also go in many times per day. First vol 2 free... then daily kill 1,orc/dragon, then a repeatable kill 10 orc/dragon for another volume after that (I went in 4x in a row with those repeatables...) so it is literally spamable non-stop except for the wait to get in due to numbers. Also as you can obtain gear and R/E/M upgrade mats from it... it is NOT likely at all to empty anytime soon.
    (6)
    Last edited by Larien; 04-06-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larien View Post
    Yes you can also go in many times per day. First vol 2 free... then daily kill 1,orc/dragon, then a repeatable kill 10 orc/dragon for another volume after that (I went in 4x in a row with those repeatables...) so it is literally spamable non-stop except for the wait to get in due to numbers. Also as you can obtain gear and R/E/M upgrade mats from it... it is NOT likely at all to empty anytime soon.
    Wow you're pretty greedy, no wonder the event is blocked with people like you. :P
    (1)

Greetings, everyone.

We are definitely aware of the congestion at the entrance to Ambuscade, and we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

As a first step to countering this congestion, maintenance was conducted earlier on the server that manages the instances. This aim of this maintenance was to make adjustments so that more instances are created. This should help alleviate conditions where it is not possible to access the content since instances cannot be created.

While there are still issues arising to the large amount of requests being processed to create new instances, which in turn are generated errors, we are currently looking into a way to make this more efficient.

The team will be working on a fix, and it will take a day or so; however, we’re planning to make edits so that the process is less cumbersome when entering the instance fails. With this edit, you will no longer have to target and talk to an NPC in the event a failure occurs.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience, but the team is working as fast as they can to implement a fix.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

I'm honestly amazed you didn't put limits on how many times people can enter per day, at least when it's new content. Given what you can get it's kind of crazy and will cause so many serious problems.
    (2)

They just didn't expect that many players doing the content considering how other content gets ignored. The difference being this content can be done SOLO.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Logged in, tried 3 times, couldn't get in, gave up, logged out.

This is why server merges cant be a thing as of yet....
    This problem you are talking about would occur on a server with 4 people playing on it. Let's try not to be overly dramatic now.
    (0)

8. 04-06-2016 05:17 AM

Character
    Kitsuru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    You don't seem to understand the concept of "new"

When they added the NPC companions there were upto 100 person waiting lines, you know how many were waiting in line a week later? Once the novelty wears, people will stagger their daily attempts or just not do it at all.

i think the point YOUR missing is that the game is 10+ years something old and we are still having this issue that has been an issue before also this whole "Daily" thing doesn't mean squat you can do as many runs as you want myself and a friend managed 6 runs before we got sick of spending Hours fighting to get in.
    (4)

Character
    Kitsuru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Camate as a general suggestion would adding NPCs for Ambuscade to rabao and Selbina help at all?

And thank you for the reply ^^ and update from the team.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kitsurubami; 04-06-2016 at 05:27 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    You don't seem to understand the concept of "new"

When they added the NPC companions there were upto 100 person waiting lines, you know how many were waiting in line a week later? Once the novelty wears, people will stagger their daily attempts or just not do it at all.
    People will be spamming this for Riftcinders and other currencies. Riftcinders at 2m+ on AH now, you can get a Riftcinder for 1500 points. People go 0/50+ on Riftcinders in VW. 1500 Hallmarks is way faster.

So even if people have all the armors, which is unlikely given the new stuff every month, people will still use this system for certain currencies, and for the augmentation items too. I don't see this battlefield becoming less busy for a long time.
    (8)
    Last edited by Stompa; 04-06-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast