Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    Your opinion
    Crazy how people are entitled to them.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Keido View Post
    Crazy how people are entitled to them.
    Here is the thing, the majority of relevant content in this game that offers good rewards is not solo friendly at all (that's why merc services are so popular and why the AB keys put more 119 gear on people that the previous year of normal play did). One new thing they add which is all inclusive you instantly pounce on and proclaim it must also bar solo players because this is an MMO! (ignoring that again, most relevant content is group content).

This mentality is like a feminist horde that gets 99 privileges and when guys get one single thing they rampage the streets with patriarchy signs.

Sometimes content is aimed at everyone and not just the minority, if that means some groups have to wait a bit to enter that's ok.
    (0)
    Last edited by Castanica; 04-06-2016 at 10:55 PM.

Character
    Leara
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    My solution would be to also have 1 tome & NPC per main city or Selbina/Kazham/Norg to spread people about a bit so Mhaura doesn't crash/lag.

Are the instances created via the 1 tome in Mhaura (ie. only 1 entrance to create an instance) or is it the server itself having not enough memory to hold all the instances at once?

I agree with an earlier comment that only the daily RoE should appear & "Not Repeatable" (at least for the time-being until SE can sort it out) then make them repeatable again.
    (0)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Please be quick with this fix. I had to team up with a few others last night to try this content out. I pay 12.95 a month so I can play solo.
    (1)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd be more sympathetic to the anti-solo arguments if parties weren't the same way they were a decade ago - shouting for the top five flavors of the month and throwing every other job to the wind (let alone method of using that job). As that hasn't changed, really, I feel as if parties can deal with the congestion or become more welcoming.

Meanwhile, keep it in mind that parties doing the higher difficulties than soloists don't even have to enter the content as much, so really it's the soloists who as suffering worse than the parties in this case.
    (1)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    People will be spamming this for Riftcinders and other currencies. Riftcinders at 2m+ on AH now, you can get a Riftcinder for 1500 points. People go 0/50+ on Riftcinders in VW. 1500 Hallmarks is way faster.

So even if people have all the armors, which is unlikely given the new stuff every month, people will still use this system for certain currencies, and for the augmentation items too. I don't see this battlefield becoming less busy for a long time.
    You can only get 3 riftcinders and 3 riftdrosses from Ambuscade per month.
    (0)

Character
    Chikatsu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinedrai View Post
    which people are totally not going to try and make money off of on the AH, right?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by fillerbunny9 View Post
    which people are totally not going to try and make money off of on the AH, right?
    They are 2 million because of the rarity, now that supply is increasing and anyone can get them the price will slump down sharply.

There are lots of things you can do in this game for money, doing Ambuscade when you can do much easier content for more money and the amount you can get is very limited isn't going to be a thing going forward. If anything it will end up being mule content.

At most people will do it once a day or something as a daily. The spamming will be for gear only, the worst spam fest will be when they add leather gear.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinedrai View Post
    Yes, and my point in that post was to respond to the "this content will be empty in a few weeks, just like NPC Fellow etc."

The fact you can get limited currency, actually extends the lifespan of this battlefield. I think if you add up the capes, new monthly armours, augmentation items, and the bonus currencies, we are looking at an event that is versatile and will be busy for a long time.

On the point by the other member about Riftcinders dropping in price sharply, no they won't. This will increase the supply on the AH from the current 2~ to more like 60~. Prices will fluctuate as they always do, but I don't see Hallmarks as a price-crashing system. Many people who are obtaining Riftcinders will keep them for their own empys, the people that sell Riftcinders will just keep the AH stocked up, but I doubt it will flood the market and cause price crash.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    I'd be more sympathetic to the anti-solo arguments if parties weren't the same way they were a decade ago - shouting for the top five flavors of the month and throwing every other job to the wind (let alone method of using that job). As that hasn't changed, really, I feel as if parties can deal with the congestion or become more welcoming.

Meanwhile, keep it in mind that parties doing the higher difficulties than soloists don't even have to enter the content as much, so really it's the soloists who as suffering worse than the parties in this case.

Sorry but the requirements for this event are really low. You don't need a superb setup really either.

Melee x 1~3
    Healer
    Buffer x 1~2

Melee's can include a Tank or just 3 melee with -DT sets. I originally went as BLU but then switched to going WAR when the VD Dragon didn't have any cheap tactics.
    Healer can be WHM, RDM or SCH. I've had all of them do main heal.
    Buffer can be BRD, COR or GEO. GEO is the best in slot here due to frailty + vex but I've had them all and they all function.

Any non brain dead players can form a group to do this six man.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast