Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    FFXI isn't a single player game, you don't have the right to access content 24/7 at a moments notice. The dungeons are on a server and access is shared among all the players.

It's funny how the more access they give the more demanding players are, people complain if they have to wait 5-10 minutes per entry. Flashback 5 years ago you could enter salvage/limbus/dynamis twice/thrice a week at best and there was a lot less complaining.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Castanica View Post
    Wow you're pretty greedy, no wonder the event is blocked with people like you. :P
    I'm honestly amazed you didn't put limits on how many times people can enter per day, at least when it's new content. Given what you can get it's kind of crazy and will cause so many serious problems.
    Yeah so you have to do roughly 50 dragon fights to obtain the +1 body. Daily limits aren't going to fly here.
    (6)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Yeah so you have to do roughly 50 dragon fights to obtain the +1 body. Daily limits aren't going to fly here.
    And note that that's on VD, so if you're solo, heaven forbid you get any shiny new items from your own effort. I was doing solo on normal earlier for 100 points a kill, so y'know, 150 kills for that. Daily limit totally gonna fly.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Honestly I'm struggling to figure out why anyone would even want to get the +1 gear, it has some major drawbacks.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Largely the DT with stats you can still maintain a proper hitrate I would imagine, I have had no luck with getting an Ilvl DT body piece for my drg, jumalik I have never even seen, no luck on tartaru's. I'm still sitting in Mekira losing out on 15-20 vit 80+ def for PDT and the int/mnd/chr and meva for MDT. The legs are BiS for DT I believe for most of those jobs once again with very high acc. Pretty sure all the DT pieces are great because of the acc that comes along with them.

With AoE's and the way TP feed works you are nearly required to sit in a hybrid build as a melee to survive anything but they generally don't have enough acc to hit w/e is killing you. There is a reason everyone largely uses mages only for damage these days and it's because the tp system for mobs is broken and AoE's are to damaging. Much easier to just get a couple mages and MB everything down versus needing a bunch of support to keep melee alive. Even in 50% DT fulltime you can get killed pretty quickly to tp spam as even two or more melee jobs just feed the mobs to much tp.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The only real "drawback" to these pieces is the low Haste on them, which can be countered by not fulltiming all of them and using a good haste belt like Tempus Fugit. Wondered why they added such a large Haste belt up until now...
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Honestly I'm struggling to figure out why anyone would even want to get the +1 gear, it has some major drawbacks.
    Are you just being disagreeable on purpose? It's a good, desirable set of gear that a lot of players will want. Players have to have the ability to put in many consecutive runs in order to obtain the gear within the allotted time.
    (6)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    This problem you are talking about would occur on a server with 4 people playing on it. Let's try not to be overly dramatic now.
    How have you come to that conclusion?
    (0)

Character
    Keido
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    A big step to not having these problems is to stop allowing trusts and single players to enter. Have a party minimum 6 for the first month and then allow the single player to hog an instance. Its a MMORPG why do we treat it as a sometimes we get together and party. So tired of all this solo garbage!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Keido View Post
    A big step to not having these problems is to stop allowing trusts and single players to enter. Have a party minimum 6 for the first month and then allow the single player to hog an instance. Its a MMORPG why do we treat it as a sometimes we get together and party. So tired of all this solo garbage!
    Your opinion, given how the game has changed and continues to be updated your opinion is not shared by the developers. I think this is put in the "sad day for you" file.

I guarantee you there are far more people happy they can solo/duo this than the few that have a group of friends who want to spam this 50 times a day and sad they have to wait 10 minutes per entry because of that.
    (1)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast