Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    What kind of capes have you all been making?
    While I enjoy being able to make custom made capes, I have noticed that one of the downfalls of the current cape system is that I am making the exact same type of cape for multiple jobs.
    A good example for melee oriented jobs is everyone making something like
    +20 Dex
    +20 Acc/Atk.
    +10% weaponskill damage (or double attack)

The current battle content design balance makes many players never feeling as if they have enough accuracy to hit their targets, so I need to make the above cape for my Dancer, Dark Knight, blue mage, monk, dragoon, aaaand the list goes on and on.
    With this in mind, the current system + time gating on obtaining upgrade materials per RL month does severely limit the diversity of capes being made by players.

It feels like the current system will cause severe inventory problems as the months pass by and people struggle to make room for 2-3 ambuscade capes per job in addition to the 1-2 incursion capes they may still cling on to, and so on.

I would really appreciate an all-jobs cape that could be inscribed with the ambuscade cape materials - even if this cape was to cost some very high price such as 5000-10k hallmarks/gallantry I would gladly buy it to save inventory space.
    (4)
    Last edited by Sapphires; 06-14-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I agree with the idea that a multi job cape would be great.... but 10k accolades would be a super low price. Unless you meant hallmarks then yeah 10k would be a pretty big amount. Big enough to help keep this event going even
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    While I enjoy being able to make custom made capes, I have noticed that one of the downfalls of the current cape system is that I am making the exact same type of cape for multiple jobs.
    A good example for melee oriented jobs is everyone making something like
    +20 Dex
    +20 Acc/Atk.
    +10% weaponskill damage (or double attack)
    [...]

It feels like the current system will cause severe inventory problems as the months pass by and people struggle to make room for 2-3 ambuscade capes per job in addition to the 1-2 incursion capes they may still cling on to, and so on.

I would really appreciate an all-jobs cape that could be inscribed with the ambuscade cape materials - even if this cape was to cost some very high price such as 5000-10k accolades I would gladly buy it to save inventory space.
    And, for a lot of jobs that you're truly dedicated to, you need more than one cape. I now have 3 PLD capes and I think that's all I need, but how silly is that? I need an enmity cape for tp'ing/abilities/certain spells, a ws cape because I'm on PLD so much, and a fastcast cape for ... casting spells faster.

Cape is like... the throwaway slot. Most other slots are too vital to flux so much. I almost feel like the capes themselves should be a purchased key item/job trait. ("Okay, here's your PLD trait, you now always get 3% more MP from physical damage taken") and then yes, the capes should be all jobs. RUN, if I ever get around to it, will have identical capes, probably, to what PLD is making.
    (1)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 06-14-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18