Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Greetings, everyone.

The development team is still in the midst of testing and verifying improvements plans for Ambuscase, and while I can’t get into the nitty-gritty details just yet, I would like to share the general direction of the adjustments planned.

First up is registration for entering an instance. The aim of this is to regulate the traffic at the entrance to this content, which has currently become a bottle neck. This will guarantee parties or solo players access to the instance in the order in which they registered.

Additionally, we’re looking into increasing the benefits of challenging Ambuscade as a party to give more opportunities for a greater number of players to get involved with this content.

There have also been questions about the rewards, so I would like to address what I can in regards to this as well. In the next version update, we’re looking to make it possible to acquire items via methods other than Hallmarks. With this system, we are planning to make possible to re-acquire the Sulevia equipment that can be purchased currently. Furthermore, we’ll also be adding new items that can be purchased with Hallmarks. (Hallmarks is also a part of Ambuscade that will reset, so after the next version update it will be necessary to save them up again.)

While it will be possible to purchase job-specific capes each time after a reset, the limit is one for each job during each period. This will also reset with each version update.

Once we get closer to the version update I will make a follow-up with more details.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

There have also been questions about the rewards, so I would like to address what I can in regards to this as well. In the next version update, we’re looking to make it possible to acquire items via methods other than Hallmarks. With this system, we are planning to make possible to re-acquire the Sulevia equipment that can be purchased currently. Furthermore, we’ll also be adding new items that can be purchased with Hallmarks. (Hallmarks is also a part of Ambuscade that will reset, so after the next version update it will be necessary to save them up again.)

While it will be possible to purchase job-specific capes each time after a reset, the limit is one for each job during each period. This will also reset with each version update.

Once we get closer to the version update I will make a follow-up with more details.
    Wow, so capes AREN'T the unique rewards this month? That's pretty big news.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I wonder why SE didn't take a page out of Meebles. In meebles the more people you go with the more bonus points you get, thereby more points per person. It favors full 6 for maximum points.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How about adding a second zone, like meebles so that everyone isn't spamming the same NPC all day. Adding a queuing system isn't going to solve the congestion problem really. 3 instances for a single NPC on an event you can literally do back-back is just silly.

There are 2 zones that are currently unused and have been for years. Diorama Abdhaljs-Ghelsba and Abdhaljs Isle-Purgonorgo. Each of these zones can have their own NPC and instances separate from Mhaura which would help with congestion a lot more than an artificial queue.
    (1)
    Last edited by Calatilla; 04-15-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I always thought the best way to go around it is to divide the armor up to towns like WotG did with mage gear in windy, light armor in bastok and heavy armor in sandy, If you throw in Mhura and Selbina you can have 2 other misc sets so that would give you 5 zones for this which would greatly decrease the need for everyone to force their way into one town.
    (0)

Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I agree, it would simply make more sense to add more zones to Legion. This would allow more than the 6 entry limited currently. 'Regulating Traffic' won't fix the congestion if there is still only 6 entries allowed to enter at once. It will simply just organize the chaos is all.

Adding entrance zones in Selbina and Rabao, would likely work for entry points. The zones could be as follows:

- Legion - Rolanberry (For original Legion only)
    - Legion - Mhaura
    - Legion - Selbina
    - Legion - Rabao

This would allow for a total of 24 entries at once, 6 for Legion and 18 for Ambuscade. Even if entries were not added to other towns, the addition of 4 zones total for legion would dramatically reduce the congestion and decrease the frustration many feel with this event and it's entry.

Also, not sure if it is something that would be considered, but running back and forth to complete the RoE many, many many, times has it's toll. My concern is that with less populous mob types this may also add a new level of congestion. Maybe allowing the leader or members to all buy a KI for entry once they have completed the 'Daily" and normal RoE for whichever book they are doing. Similar to Original Legion entry.
    (3)
    Last edited by Eckamus; 04-15-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Player
    Just gonna point out that most who solo do so either because their gear isn't very good and they can only do ve > n or they won't be accepted because they aren't specific jobs.

What should be done is giving bigger bonuses for doing <normal as a group because if you have poop gear then nobody will take you and you can't do anything above that anyway. If you want them to group then you have to know their limitations.
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The biggest bonus has to be for the highest difficulty, otherwise even really well-geared players will just spam Normal.

Regarding the soloers in your scenario, what's stopping them from teaming up with 1-2 other soloers and tackling Difficult?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    The biggest bonus has to be for the highest difficulty, otherwise even really well-geared players will just spam Normal.

Regarding the soloers in your scenario, what's stopping them from teaming up with 1-2 other soloers and tackling Difficult?
    1 person with sparks or equivalent gear will have trouble hitting it and will take huge amounts of damage, also pretty good chance they will wipe.
    2 people with similar gear will still take huge amounts of damage and have trouble hitting it.
    3 people, as above.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    So what I'm reading is that somewhere between Normal and Difficult, the hit rate becomes unacceptable and the fight becomes very dangerous (assuming we're talking about the dragon right now). I think you're also suggesting throwing 3 melee jobs at it with no real regard for tactics. Might some adjustment be in order then? Possibly bringing some kind of support or healing role into the mix? A GEO, COR, BRD, RDM? Also, outside of the breath moves, the AoE ranges are very small. I would think any ranged attacking job would do just fine in there.
    (0)

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast