Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, everyone!

For those of you interested in a way to alter your augments I have some good news.

In the May version update we will be adding a new item that will allow you to change the properties of the back equipment you possess while maintaining your augment rank. However, there will be a limit to the amount that you can obtain in each version update, so you won’t be able to change the properties as much as you like.
    Nice to know that we'll be able to change cape augs. Any chance we can get a fix to the BST cape while your eyes are here? >_> The "Reward+30" should most likely do absolutely nothing currently. It only takes reforged body+feet 109 to overcap potency already, so the cape might as well have a blank line there instead. Recast would be nice, ("Pet level +1" like the SMN/PUP capes would be even nicer *hint hint*) but darn near anything would be better than what is there currently.

----------------
    As far as the congestion issue goes, it has definitely lightened up a lot on Asura at least at this point of the month, but I am dreading the idea of dealing with the exact same issue every month from now on. If the primary bottleneck for entry is the entry npc (and not lack of available instances), then perhaps add a 2nd entry NPC to Selbina and split the fights up between Mhaura/Selbina. IE: Mhaura = Vol.1, Selbina = Vol.2
    Combined with the recently announced queue system you are implementing, I imagine this could also alleviate some of the stress on the single entry point NPC that we have currently.
    (1)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Not sure I like how they're trying to encourage parties. Unless this new currency does absolutely nothing unique and simply saves parties more time, all they succeeded to do in this situation is massively punish soloists for content they themselves designed to be soloable.

The point remains, unless you're part of the Meta, you're not getting into parties for difficult runs. Unless you're doing difficult runs, people don't want to party. Until they solve that paradox, encouraging parties in this way is just discouraging certain jobs from being played.

The only way I see they managed to do this intelligently is if they allowed Gallantry to be obtained by parties as large as 2 people, with the amount of Gallantry to be gained growing with how many members are in your party.
    (3)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ambuscade ver 1 was wonderfull giving us the oportunity of obtain amazing gear, Currency for Ultimate weapons and the chance of play Solo or in Party without be penaliced. The next ambuscade must remain as the first.

Now Square will force us to play in parties, if this game had 750k active players, duty finder, party finder, DPS Jobs with a difference of DPS 100 - 200 not problem...

Sadly FFXI have a Huge mess in the balance on the Jobs. The difference in DPS here can be dramatic. If you aren't part of the META Jobs you will be excluded

This its a buff to the unwanted classes and only for ambuscade VER2.

Ambuscade Ver 2.

Enemies will take +0.25 more damage and Skill Chain damage .

Blunt - Hand to Hand
    Slashing - Great Axe, Great sword, Scythe, Katana, Great katana.
    Piercing - Polearm, Archery.

Tank Classes in FFXI.

PLD its the Only wanted tank. Burtang + Aegis + -50% damage taken reduction set its in another Leage the other loltanks jobs can't compete vs PLD

Add for WAR, RUN, NIN. More equip with Effect Cure Received +% I&II. -50% Damage reduction + 30% effect cure received will make this Jobs a bit more competitive with PLD.

ILV119 III Bravura&Kikoku&Aeonic weapons = Effect Cure Received II +20% + Regen 15 Tick

ILV119 III Conqueror,Ukon, Kannagi, Nagi. Epeolatry = Effect Cure received II + 30% + 16 Regen tick.

So square dont force us to go parties the game have a really small comunity per server.
    (0)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Have to say, I'm really disappointed that they're adding new currency/items exclusive to doing Ambuscade in parties. I would have been fine with a big boost to the current currency rewards when in a group, but now I get to go back to being excluded. Fun times.
    (1)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    anyone else find the irony that SE said that Ambuscade would cater to both parties and solo player but will take the solo player longer to see rewards and now they are more or less taking it back with the new party point system? I just hope they make it you have to have a full party to stop the players who play their main while bots play the other 2-3 characters while they "solo" everything.
    (1)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    When I get back into Ambuscade I'll do what I've been doing, invite those who don't mind doing easier runs for a consistent pacing.

The problem is, now that there's a forced queue system, that wait time is going to make that consistency much harder to achieve. Cause everyone's going to be waiting roughly the same time, everyone's going to want maximum reward for the waiting time. Instead of addressing the core issue - the severely low number of 'instances' for players set by default, or at the very least splitting them between full parties, small parties, and soloists so that the queues don't compete with one another, they institute a secondary currency to try to get players to party more on their own... when we're already having shouts for specific classes only, as well as a lack of sufficient roles filled due to popularity among roles and jobs.

This is indicative of reactive development, rather than proactive development. My expectations over the years have lowered, but even so, this was disappointing.
    (2)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Sadly FFXI have a Huge mess in the balance on the Jobs. The difference in DPS here can be dramatic. If you aren't part of the META Jobs you will be excluded
    I would argue that while, yes, this is likely going to be the scenario, Ambuscade really isn't so difficult as other content to require this, at least for Regular Ambuscade in which the Difficult setting is pretty soloable with some skill. It might really be in player's best interest to pickup people on the spot if they vaguely fit job requirements. Other whys, groups are essentially going to be competing with soloers for the same limited space. Not to mention swarms of soloers competing for the same Record of Eminence targets.

This incentive to party is obviously meant to alleviate some of the traffic. So while, yes, that MNK may not be ideal in your eyes, he's going in whether you invite him or not. And if he goes in alone, he's going to be that much slower, taking up that much more time in Legion. Might as well invite him.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 04-28-2016 at 04:43 AM.
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hate the idea of putting your name in a queue. I'm sure there will be people who queue up and afk, wasting more time.

While I like the greater incentive to party up, I think adding a second form of currency exclusive to this is the wrong way to go. Simply increasing Hallmark rewards would have done the trick without completely locking soloers out.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Hate the idea of putting your name in a queue. I'm sure there will be people who queue up and afk, wasting more time.

While I like the greater incentive to party up, I think adding a second form of currency exclusive to this is the wrong way to go. Simply increasing Hallmark rewards would have done the trick without completely locking soloers out.
    Yeah this is crummy. I've been enjoying the content and playing way more than usual lately because of it. If I get punished because people don't want to party up with me, it will be really discouraging.

You can reward people for partying without punishing people who solo. It's been really nice to just log in and work on stuff when I have time at my own pace.

I've even been able to move up from easy to normal on the dragon, when at first I couldn't solo normal at all. It's been pretty cool to feel myself getting better at it over time, and I appreciate the event for giving me an incentive to learn the fight and figure out how to get better at it.

I'm happy to group with folks when they are around and available but if I have to stand around in PJ shouting for party members to get access to the same rewards as others it will ruin it for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 04-28-2016 at 05:20 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    You can reward people for partying without punishing people who solo. It's been really nice to just log in and work on stuff when I have time at my own pace.
    How would you go about rewarding parties without punishing soloists? It's all relative. People who are soloing are getting no less than they were getting before- partiers are just getting more, which (at least on the surface) sounds exactly like what you're talking about.

If I get punished because people don't want to party up with me, it will be really discouraging.
    Going to the point of relativity, people are similarly getting punished for NOT inviting you because you're going to be taking up a battlefield that can accomodate six people while, potentially, an entire party will have to wait for you to finish. Unless you're standing around in level 99 gear, people do have an incentive to invite you. At the least of which because now THEY will be in a party.

If nothing else, by soloing (and I say this as a mostly-soloer), we are imposing a huge inconvenience on people in content that is already experiencing congestion.

I'm happy to group with folks when they are around and available but if I have to stand around in PJ shouting for party members to get access to the same rewards as others it will ruin it for me.
    The more likely scenario is you would be standing at the Ambuscade NPC with your Seek flag up waiting for someone to invite you. I suspect others will be doing this as well. While you're waiting, you can continue to solo it. The only time you'll have to take your flag down is when you're actually inside soloing and have to call trusts. Once you're done, just put it up again.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 04-28-2016 at 05:37 AM.
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

11. 04-28-2016 06:03 AM

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast