Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    I think Vagary is fine the way it is. Similar to my post regarding Sinister Reign...
    I also agree with not changing SR and I'm already gearing up for it to get it done eventually, but Vagary is a completely different thing.

First, Vagary has nothing to do with Abyssea. So one of the suggestions to obtain it was hard mode battles against past Abyssea monsters. In my opinion it could preferably be more in the style of Wildskeeper Reives, and they could make it so those monsters only dropped cruor and had a 50% chance of dropping the KIs or even required red triggers to drop it, that would be completely fine.

Second, the main issue for players like me (as I've already posted previously) is the amount of prep required to get Vagary done. My schedule (like many other player's schedules) is fairly random because of work and other things, so I cannot commit to: Get a group of new/returning players + Have everyone do the research + expecting everyone to gear up + consistently going in together for hours at a time to learn how to clear the thing. That is just not going to happen.

Third, there is a difference between content not meant to be soloable and content not meant to get completed by most players. Even among organized people in an active LS there is a lot of BS that needs to happen just to get all the KIs required to unlock reforge +1, and the armor is just not worth all that hassle. Which is why most players don't have Empy reforge +1 unlocked from what I've seen in my server. So why not instead make the KIs more accessible and then let people who are prepared to do Vagary profit from it by selling the items required to reforge armor? That would also increase the amount of players actively doing Vagary repeatedly for items and gil.

Edit > Heck, they could make it so Vagary NMs dropped a single new KI that unlocked all Empy +1 reforge and then leave the individual KIs for those completing the battles outside of Vagary.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 05-27-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I think you slightly overestimate the difficulty of vagary. I'm pretty sure all clears have been triod. Random shouts work all the time
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Vagary can be completed by any group with mid-level gear (119 Delve/Skirmish gear) because when it was released, that's what people were wearing (or less). It'll be harder and you'll need to make less mistakes, but I mean, the game can still have some challenges. What are you supposed to work towards? Can't just be REM or something like that.

Idk, I'm conflicted because I understand the woes of trying to get people to do Vagary. Many players are busy doing their own thing. Finding like minded groups can be a challenge. Coupling that with teaching/leading/learning with that group can be even worse when there might not be a reward (if you lose many times). Vagary is something people want to do but their is so much competition to do other, more relevant content that is easier and gives better rewards (Escha, Reisenjima, Ambuscade...). On the other hand, I actually do believe Vagary is fine exactly how it is and it is one of the gems that we have left in endgame content (as I said before, I find most of the Seekers of Adoulin extra content to be amazing and I'm glad most of them are still relevant and challenging). 119 Empyrean armor isn't a huge deal, which you can argue that you don't need it so it doesn't matter if it's locked behind Vagary or that it's not important enough to be locked behind group content. The thing is, Vagary needs some kind of draw. Most people do it to get Emp+1 clears for themselves or their friends.
    (1)

Like I said in the other Vagary thread, I'm still going to attempt hitching rides to get the KIs while the campaign is going, or maybe look into working something out with mercs. But honestly I'm more on the side of saying "screw this" and just forget about it because it really isn't worth the hassle.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If most people on your server have yet to unlock empy +1 reforge, you need to hop servers. Vagary is not difficult, as stated a few posts above. On Sylph, when there are events for Vagary like the one coming up, I OFTEN see shouts for pickup groups.
    (0)

Yeah, so I tried hitching a ride to get the Vagary KIs for reforged empy. Couldn't get even one of course, so I'm completely done trying to do any content that requires other people.

On the bright side I recently took a liking for running around fishing. And between that the many quests I never got around to do before I still have some content left to play before I finish it all and retire from the game.
    (1)
    - Lord Gaben

Sorry it didn't work out Raydeus. I totally understand not wanting to do content that requires other people at this point in the game's cycle. It's just not fun unless you're playing with friends.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

It's ok, specially considering it seems the dev team will only focus on making content for linkshells in the future. As such obtaining empy +1 or newer gear wont make any difference for me if I wont be able to see new content anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    (1)
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Svae
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Not sure if anyone has noticed. SE devs are intentionally frustrating players out of ffxi. I have been playing since NA release and did all the shouting, asking, organizing, group learning I could possibly stand. The content no one will touch should be made reachable. Won't happen though. Not because of game balance or fairness. SE is moving on after the original dev left for new challenges. Ffxi is officially dead. They want us on 14. So don't expect anything. Unless your JP they won't hear you. Has been that way since release.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by svae View Post
    Ffxi is officially dead.
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast