Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Another way it could work is by adding the Key item to the items sold by Emporox at Reisenjima.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdryik View Post
    Same here, i've enhanced to 109 then i saw that NM in Vagary must be defeated, i've look on the internet what is required and it's going to be hard for lowman setup (3 ppl~), as Empyreal come from Abyssea, Abyssea event should unlock thoses upgrade tier.
    I completely agree... while I can definitely understand attempts to link new, at the time, content to a reward system such as Reforge +1 Empy gear; it really doesn't make sense to not tie the Empy reforge process with Abyssea. I find it difficult to believe that no content could have been created of the appropriate level and challenge (even while taking into account use of atma) within the Abyssea zones specific to reforge process.

Considering I myself have yet to get the wins necessary in Vagary and just gave up; implore SE to look at this and implement content while using the Abyssea assets--assets that currently sit empty... ??? On any given day, search an abyssea zone and you'll find no one present... perhaps since the abyssea assets are already in the game, what's the problem upgrades that tie into abyssea gears reforge???
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Vagary Campaign During this campaign, defeated monsters are more likely to drop the Etched Memory and Codex of Etchings items. Additionally, exchanging the following key items at the Odyssean Passage in Leafallia (H-8) will yield two additional rewards*.

Fabricated Ward of Biting Winds / Fabricated Ward of Miasma / Fabricated Ward of Impurity / Fabricated Ward of Ashen Wings / Fabricated Ward of the False King

* These are the same rewards as those available via the dialogue option ?Whatever the master deems worthy.
    No word whatsoever about any alternative ways for unlocking reforge +1. So I guess that's our answer.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well what this event should do is create more interest in vagary, therefore increasing your chance at getting the clears. I like how people these days want everything handed to them rather than struggling a little to earn things. As for the comment about making Abyssea a requirement to reforge since empy gear is from abyssea, they did. Last time I checked, you need to actually kill abyssea NMs to get the 109 upgrade mats.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldar View Post
    Well what this event should do is create more interest in vagary, therefore increasing your chance at getting the clears. I like how people these days want everything handed to them rather than struggling a little to earn things. As for the comment about making Abyssea a requirement to reforge since empy gear is from abyssea, they did. Last time I checked, you need to actually kill abyssea NMs to get the 109 upgrade mats.
    Can you tell me where exactly are we asking for things to be just handed to us?
    (1)
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, by asking to allow some type of abyssea completion as an alternate requirement to reforge. What they are requiring is that you are able to complete ilevel content in order to upgrade ilevel gear. If the requirement is instead something like "clear all abyssea bosses" then your are only required to complete level 99 content to unlock 119 gear. So yes, I consider that alternative practically handing it to you.
    (0)

Character
    Zeldar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    But eh, whatever. I think I'll just stop trying to talk sense into lazy people that don't want to keep trying harder things until they succeed. No wonder the developers of this community keep leaving....the community is nearly impossible to please.
    (0)

I'm not sure what your playerbase is like on Slyph; however, on Phoenix there are no shouts for Vagary (barring a few people begging for someone to join and help that go for hours relatively unanswered) and the Vagary zone's are vacant as there is newer and better content out there. For individuals who are returning to the game, their odds of finishing Vagary are frankly nil.

SE needs to make a solo-entry version of all Vagary zones where people can enter and kill the boss only with no chance at any drops other than the KI for the win.
    (1)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think Vagary is fine the way it is. Similar to my post regarding Sinister Reign, I think that it is unfair to reward people with something meant to be earned by doing difficult content by giving them an easy way out to get the same exact reward. Don't get me wrong, I would love to easily get all 5 KIs. I only have the first 3 myself. Unfortunately, that's not how Vagary was designed nor how SE thinks we should be able to obtain our Empyrean 119 pieces.

I agree that making Empyrean 119 Abyssea related is silly because as stated above, Abyssea is 99 content. Rewarding a 119 item for it is unbalanced. Making a soloable boss run is a lot of work for something that already can be won.

I mean, why can't we get a group of new/returning players together, do some research on the zone you want to clear, watch a youtube video, spend a few days/weeks gearing up in Skirmish/Delve in preparation, and go in together and learning how to clear Vagary? I know for a fact that the Fomor zone is pretty straight forward and the Acuex zone is similar. The Elemental zone is a little trickier but still doable even if you wipe once or twice (which I have done). You could join a linkshell and get a few more seasoned players to help you (you probably just need to follow directions, not even have to learn how to do the zone). You could pay someone to clear the zones for you (probably costly but getting gil isn't hard if that's what you focus on). If this isn't possible for you, then I don't know what to say.

Vagary isn't ridiculous content. It's actually becoming extremely outdated and later content (Escha/Reisenjima) gives better rewards for less hassle. Use that to your advantage! You can gear up in those zones and then tackle Vagary in a small group. You should outgear the content difficulty or at least make it less of a hassle. Sadly, not everything is meant to be soloable. SE has kinda backed this up by pushing the Vagary campaign in front of us and giving us the hint that it's not changing.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    I think Vagary is fine the way it is.
    If SE's goal is to have yet another empty zone for all intents and purposes, then its terrific!

Honestly, SE is failing to retain the dwendling playerbase and making this content viable for returning players to keep the gear upgrade monthly service fee perpetuation chugging along is very much in SE's interest to do so.

Almost nobody that's completed Vagary want's to look back at the content, they completed their macro pieces and moved on.

SE didn't have to make solo option for SMN avatar acquisition but they did.
    SE didn't have to make solo focused 'trusts' but they did.
    SE didn't have to remove the level cap on Promyvion or Pso'Xja and many level cap fights but they did.

SE doesn't have to make a solo option for Vagary KI-only-fights but it would make sense if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydal View Post
    I mean, why can't we get a group of new/returning players together, do some research on the zone you want to clear, watch a youtube video, spend a few days/weeks gearing up in Skirmish/Delve in preparation, and go in together and learning how to clear Vagary?
    Because the playerbase of 2016 is casual players who come on the game for 1hr/day and want to get something accomplished or they unsubscribe.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jile; 05-27-2016 at 01:32 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast