Thief is the job I started on and the job I play the most - not just because everyone wants Treasure Hunter, but because I love it. So now, I'm a Master Rogue, but can still earn Job Points. We have all these uses for Merit Points (original uses, High-Tier Mission Battles, Potpourri), but for now, I'm earning Job Points with no use. This got me thinking though - if we're masters of a specific job, why not allow us to find new ways to push limits? So I thought I'd post a little idea I had and see if it goes anywhere.

Many people are pushing for an increase to Group 1 and Group 2 merit category caps. We already use Merit Points to increase our Merit Point cap (to 75 max at the moment). Why not let us use Job Points to increase the category caps (Group 1 and Group 2) and the individual job boosts (like Sneak Attack recast and Assassin's Charge Quadruple attack bonus)? Cap the individual categories to level 10 and the Group caps to whatever allows you to get each individual category to level 10. Yes, these means some jobs will have more to do to get to these new heights, but that gets into a different discussion.

To make it so this isn't necessarily super fast to do, to boost the group cap up 1 level would take 5 JP > 10 > 15 > 20 > 25. Then to boost individual caps, it would go 3 > 6 > 9 > 12 > 15. So you can go through a grind if you want to for this, but just by casually using my thief, I now have about 125 JP I'm sitting on. Also, you would still have to apply the merit points to get to this new cap.

One other thing I wouldn't mind seeing is, perhaps (and this would address inventory problems as well) Ultimate armor sets made obtainable when you hit Master status. Essentially, once you have Master status and have say, your job's body pieces for Artifact, Relic, and Empyrean to iLvl 119, you can open up a new quest to have one piece that combines stats from all 3 into one piece. If a stat occurs on more than one piece (Critical hit damage is on Artifact and Relic body pieces for thief for example), take the highest value and put it on the new armor. All unique stats are applied to the armor (including Empyrean set bonuses). I recall, in the past, there were supposedly issues with placing too many stats on one piece, but it seems like that limit has been increased a little bit since that statement was made. Obviously you would need to make it challenging to do this final craft, but hey, I'm sure plenty are looking for newer and greater challenges going forward.