Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalon View Post
    One idea that had gotten formed on another thread I had started was to do some type of expansion/add-on/quest idea where you could go back and forth between FF11 and FF14
    That was actually one of the early ideas SE was kicking around during the 1.x days, a way to link your new XIV character/account to your XI one so that you could basically walk through a shining door in either game to transition to the other one. In the end they gave up on it as being far too complex to mess with, to say nothing of oddities arising from trying to launch two different engines from inside one unified UI. Would have been pretty cool if it could have been pulled off. Maybe we'll get lucky and someday they'll have an opt-in rebuild of the game that uses XIV's engine/UI at least.
    (0)

Character
    Amalon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    That was actually one of the early ideas SE was kicking around during the 1.x days, a way to link your new XIV character/account to your XI one so that you could basically walk through a shining door in either game to transition to the other one. In the end they gave up on it as being far too complex to mess with, to say nothing of oddities arising from trying to launch two different engines from inside one unified UI. Would have been pretty cool if it could have been pulled off. Maybe we'll get lucky and someday they'll have an opt-in rebuild of the game that uses XIV's engine/UI at least.
    Thinking about it now I think I recall something about that from back then, but if they set up a lobby for the transition where you basicly log out from the one then log into the other game, it would be similar to doing stuff through the mog station and selecting something like add crysta and it switches you over to the Square Enix account management page to do it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    That was actually one of the early ideas SE was kicking around during the 1.x days, a way to link your new XIV character/account to your XI one so that you could basically walk through a shining door in either game to transition to the other one.
    I've never heard anything like this. Any source?

As a one-way passage, it could easily work. As a two-way door, problems would be had. For instance, XIV wouldn't have to use XI character models, they could just use XIV character-creator presets that closely matched XI models.

It can't be any more than cosmetic similarity of characters, as the gear and mechanics in XIV have always worked very different from XI (fulltiming a set, vs macroing in pieces)
    (0)

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20