Character
    Calogero
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 34

Questions from possible returning player

I re-downloaded FFXI and logged in for the re-entry campaign and I started a fresh new character. I am thinking of subbing again, and I have a few questions. My main one is,,, Is it still possible to play through the main scenario quest lines, as far as doing those things that require parties? I want to try and keep playing my fresh new character. I was able to lvl quite a bit but really had no interaction with anybody else. Is the player base so far beyond the 12 year old quest line that I won't really have anyone to help?
    (0)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hey there, welcome back.

With Trust magic, and the removal of the level cap from a lot of the main scenario content, I'm pretty sure you can solo/duo a lot of it, if not all of it, eventually.

You might also want to try to find an active LS. I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to find some people willing to help with old content.

Good luck and I hope you have fun.
    (1)

Player
    You can pretty much do everything alone with trusts but last RoV and Adoulin missions.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Calogeno View Post
    Is the player base so far beyond the 12 year old quest line that I won't really have anyone to help?
    For the most part, this is the case.

Keeping in mind though that a spark geared character with trusts makes a laughing stock of all the older content, negating the "need" for help... Albeit possibly makes it much less enjoyable than in the past as the lack of team work and group accomplishment's but at the same time removing the roadblock of "needing" people and having to wait for the full group to be available to move forward.

bg-wiki.com and wiki.ffxiclopedia.org can help until you find a helpful linkshell.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ya you can do virtually all story stuff solo at this point. I'm not sure though why you're starting over. Do you still have your old character / account? It would save you a lot of time.
    (0)