Character
    Trepan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Request for Ebisu fishing Rod quest

Hello everyone,

I suppose a lot of people already complained about this quest and the horrible probability to get the 2 items from the npc Zaldon.

Seriously, i am a very patient man. I play FFXI since more than 10 years now. I always loved it.

And in 10 years i still didn't get the ebisu fishing rod...
    Ofcourse i didn't trade gugrusaurus and lik to Zaldon every day in 10 years. But i think i must be at more than 0/1000 fish traded for nothing.

I am more than awake than luck is the main factor for this quest. But i think nowadays this quest really need changement. Less people play the game than before, and a lot less people fish these fish and sell them. The game has changed and the real world too, and people have less time to fish in a video game for NOTHING.

Honnestly i stoped to fish gugru and lik by myself. This depressed me longtime ago to lose my time like that for nothing. Its to absurd for me. I always buy them, but the probability is the same.

Please do something about this quest ! Really !! Pleaaase !!!

By exemple after 1000 fish traded, if you still didn't get the Opalk Silk and the Saber Shoot, you will get it automaticly.

I say 1000 but it can be less or more. The SE programmers will judge after how many fish it would be deserved to get it.

Or maybe increase the probability for players fishing gugru and lik by themselves to get the item from Zaldon.

Or maybe totally change the absurd probabilty system and do something concrete : 1000 gugru to get saber shoot and 1000 lik to get opalk silk by exemple.

Or the possibility to chose the luck system or the concrete system when you start the quest for ebisu...

I don't know but please do something !
    (0)
    Last edited by Trepan; 03-29-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Most high level fisherman have them (including me +1), so you must just have really bad luck! Its a long quest, but its meant to be, because its the ultimate rod.
    (2)

Character
    Trepan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    And i continue, i must be at 0/1500 for Lik now. I don't know for Gugru. I didn' even get any of the 2 items yet. Yes maybe its me who have bad luck. At last I can say i have a true Indomitable Spirit. But i have my limits. For me, this is by far the most absurd and disgusting thing Square-Enix have ever done in any Final Fantasy game. And maybe in all video game history. I have never knew something worst. This is the thing that really make me want to stop FF forever. More than 30M spent for NOTHING, more than 50 hours fishing for NOTHING. Now its over.

And even the system to catch these fish sucks by the way. I understand why the bite rate is not good with a normal bait like meatball. But why the hell the bite rate is not good too with dwarf pugil and drill calamary ? Why is it not a 100% catch with these bait ? What is the point to get these bait if it doesn't change almost anything ? By exemple with 20 dwarf pugils, i only catch 3 Lik. The rest is monsters bite, and lost bait for nothing again. I precise i have lu chang rod +1, max moglifications, and all fishing gear for the max fishing skill possible in the game. Seriously...
    Really everything, everthing in this quest sucks. I'm sorry.

My conclusion : No matter your talents and your work, this rod is just not accessible for unlucky people.

I don't have it, but i really deserve it more than people who get it after 200 fish or less.
    (0)
    Last edited by Trepan; 04-03-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Use meatballs for gugs, and minnows for Lik.. Get yourself a puffin ring and or seagull ring/albatross ring.
    (0)

Character
    Trepan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I know that, man. Trust me, i know. I just wanted to explain why, in my opinion, its not logic for 2 bait sensed to be made expecially to catch these fishes ( and matsya too ) to not work better. It should be a 100% catch WITH NO MONSTER BITE POSSIBLE. Thats why i use meatball for gugru and minnow for lik with a puffy ring and albatross ring also. Because its almost pointless to get dwarf pugil and drill calamary.
    (0)