Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post
    Using stun recast timer as an excuse not to /sam because you are on stun duty is retarded. Its called don't use Seigan/Hasso Problem solved.

/MNK will beat /NIN if you are put into a situation where you are suddenly tanking as well.
    You crack me up.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    You crack me up.
    What exactly is funny or incorrect about that statement, just out of curiosity?
    (0)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Nothing at all.

I like you Kagato you have good intentions, but saying shit like "/sam is bad because it hurts your recast timers!" is just plain stupid. Don't use Hasso or Seigan when your on Stun Duty is that really so hard?

@ Rezeak

Your DD must have been pretty shitty overral if they were losing to you drk/thf or you are just exaggerating.

It is physically impossible for DRK/THF to even hold a candle to DRK/SAM in a high fast pace merit party/Einherjar type situation. DRK/THF is spike Damage nothing more nothing less, the over all Damage from /sam utterly shits all over /thf with very little effort.
    (0)

w/e works hell i lvld my /thf sub cus there are times i believe that it actually might be more useful for some fights an situations then /sam, not sure if it fully out performs /sam but when my ls says we want ppl /thf for hate issues i give it to them like fighting lord ruth for strigoi rings is a recent example, we use plds in our shell because some of our crew are pld main and we're not leet asses saying hey you should <insert min/maxing here> cause why? better to have fun as a crew then force ppl into jobs that they dont enjoy on content that is easy

its not the CoP of old where i leveled rng to 30 an war to 50 just to beat it lol

sidenote @ kagato if u had issues with the hippos do u have npc healer leveled up an /pld? i used that an at 78 full perle (lolz) an i wrecked the hippos, just watch out for the NM thar, it likes to say "hai im hungry" quite a bit >_>
    (1)
    Last edited by vedder; 04-21-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    honestly every drk should just sub bst so you can charm people and pretend you're controlling their minds. it's drk exclusive
    (0)

Player
    Whether you're on "stun duty" or not, it's still a pain in the ass trying to cancel seigan/hasso everytime you need to cast.They need to remove this penalty, drk is the only job this was intended to affect.

The only situation where drk/thf is viable is if you are putting hate on the tank, it's definitely not for dmg output.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeroth; 04-22-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
    Whether you're on "stun duty" or not, it's still a pain in the ass trying to cancel seigan/hasso everytime you need to cast.They need to remove this penalty, drk is the only job this was intended to affect.
    This is pretty much what I was getting at.

Saying "not subbing /sam is stuppid and you can cancel hasso/seigan" is a correct statement, but what makes it bad is that unless you plan on DDing, there's no reason to go /sam at all because you're not going to use hasso/seigan! At least with /NIN you can avoid a spell aimed at you or AoE spams. When fighting Kur, for example, his Body Slam would eat 3 of my shadows but I take no damage. If I went /sam, I'd have taken over 1k in damage, Seigan+third eye or not.

My point is, I want to have my defensive capabilities open and available at all times in my subjob when I'm not focused on DDing.

So, thats why I said "you crack me up." You were taking a jab at me for giving an opinion on a situational event rather than being respectful toward it but kindly offering your own counter-opinion. In other words, it was your choice of words if anything.
    (1)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    /sam without using Hasso or Seigan or Meditate is still better than /thf.
    (1)
    This is Sakurawr, not Raen D:

Quote Originally Posted by RaenRyong View Post
    /sam without using Hasso or Seigan or Meditate is still better than /thf.
    Not really the point.
    (1)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    If you arent DD'ing then why are you on DRK? I'd argue come a more useful job if your only there for stun duty :/
    (2)

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast