Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    Its much more than that. Its the DOT portion too.
    How is DRK's dps worse than DRG or WAR's?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    How is DRK's dps worse than DRG or WAR's?
    I have no idea what they're talking about, all of the DRK I see have been top tier.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I have no idea what they're talking about, all of the DRK I see have been top tier.
    DRK WS suck in Abyssea. When a THF can out WS DRK with Evisceration without SATA something is seriously wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    DRK WS suck in Abyssea. When a THF can out WS DRK with Evisceration without SATA something is seriously wrong.
    But I never see that happening. lol
    And no, it's not that the THFs suck.
    (0)

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Why don't we leave abyssea out of this? Abyssea isn't going to be the end all of FFXI, and if it is, please tell me now so I can finally quit. DRK has no immediate issues, the problem is that other jobs received major updates that currently shine in Abyssea. While they are still great outside of Aby, DRK can still meet and often beat other jobs if you're actually good at it. DRK doesn't need a super crit WS for spike damage. Honestly, I understand Quietus isn't something that met peoples' expectations, and I'm a bit disappointed as well. Why would you implement MND (DRK's WORST basic stat) into ANY weapon skill used by this particular job? In fact why would you implement MND into ANY weapon skill for ANY job? That's just a terrible way of saying "F YOU" to people who enjoy the job. Well that didn't stop us from using Guillotine all these years. I actually like using Quietus... in Campaign Battles... and other irrelevant crap... Spike damage isn't DRK's best feature any more, but DPS isn't out of the question yet. Perhaps with extended Last Resort duration it can be the strongest DD as I envision it.
    (0)

Character
    Dooom
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Harukusan View Post
    Why don't we leave abyssea out of this? Abyssea isn't going to be the end all of FFXI, and if it is, please tell me now so I can finally quit.
    You may want to quit then, or at least take a break until the next update, as Abyssea *is* the focus of 95% of FFXI these days. And in Abyssea, drk is only good for blue procs. And I say this as someone who really enjoys playing drk.

But I never see that happening. lol
    And no, it's not that the THFs suck.
    You may want to look harder, then.

Drk fix for Abyssea: Make Insurgency be a crit-based WS. Let the fun times roll.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    And what exactly is this terrible state you're refuring to?
    How bad can a job be when it can one shot an IT without add death?
    I pray with every atom in my body, and ether in my soul, you are being facetious.

The problem with Dark Knight is a lack of abilities that holster its damage dealing and survival capabilities. The job has no survival options while other jobs do, Ninja, Thief etc ...every other martial job ever. . . .

Dark Knight has the following JA's:

Blood Weapon - Make this usable with 2 handed weapons only, and a 10 minute ability, meritable down to 8 minutes. I think after 8+ years its time we got a real two hour, because if you did this it would start fix the HUGE problem below:

Souleater - Should be renamed to; Hold my hand while I minimally increase my damage and require another job to cure me, while every other job in the game has no JA which kills them and requires somebody else to be present to work at 100% efficiency.
    The only one I can think of that 'requires' somebody else is Sneak Attack/Trick Attack, and even then it doesn't kill you.

Last Resort - Mock Berserk with a neat haste effect, that wears off before I can not regret spending 500k exp into merits circa 2008.

Arcane Circle - Whatever.

Weapon Bash - Good, I guess. Why does the Samurai one have Plague . . . I honestly think the development team is on hard drugs.

Dark Seal - Yea this is great, for all those dark magic spells with cool debuffs and that do large amounts of damage I don't have.

Nether Void - Did you fire the guy that gave us this? For doing the right thing?

Aracane Crest - Fuck you, Square Enix. Is this a sick joke?

While survival is not what Dark Knight should be striving for it needs a little bit of help in this department, ESPECIALLY since our ability to put on the hurt doesn't even come close with our ability to die.

Sure I can macro on 42% PDT on my DRK and swing Caladbolg around in ATK/VIT Ws gear, and I can macro shadows and play the Utsusemi Roulette, however there is nothing nativley to the job that really gives it an edge in.....anything.

Not only that but Dread Spikes has a horrible duration, and isn't nearly as strong as it should be when you think about what other jobs have COUGH, BLUE MAGE, COUGH.

We should have had Drain III a long time ago with Drain and Aspir II popping up in the 50's. Considering anything worth a shit resists them anyway or is darkness based.

TLDR; We either need a drastic boost to damage to make up for how crappy our self sufficiency is, or we need a way to stay alive longer through spells, job abilities or defensive tweaks, and or some more expansive dark magic.

Its really stupid how well other jobs can pull it off, I'd settle for just a fraction of that especially when I see Blue Mages running around QC'ing things for 5k damage, then curing themselves, then spamming Cocaine-Blink.

You really can't do something as tiny, as meaningless as giving us Drain III, or make Torcleaver a crit WS, or a crit WS in general, and then you made Sanguine Blade a Sword WS. . .

What the shit is wrong with you SE?
    (11)
    Last edited by Urteil; 04-09-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Formatting

while every other job in the game has no JA which kills them
    Ninja...?

Also, dread spikes, stun, drain, etc.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    DRK is only probelmatic in abyssea because of the lack of a scythe WS that benefits from Razed Ruins. Outside of abyssea, it's fine.
    (0)

Character
    Harukusan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    DRK is only probelmatic in abyssea because of the lack of a scythe WS that benefits from Razed Ruins. Outside of abyssea, it's fine.
    Sub THF and force crit with sn... hahaha I can't say that with a straight face
    (1)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast