Character
    Mirathyl
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

In Regards to dev1304 tag

I wasn't too sure where to put this but as a suggestion for the mount it should be required that you have done the quest for a Chocobo Whistle. I'm fairly certain the intended areas for mounts will be greater than a chocobo and it will probably make them irelevant for use as a personal mount once this is added to XI.
    (0)

I disagree. Chocobo raising is incredibly boring. Chocobos being irrelevant is okay with me.
    (0)

Character
    Serenityy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The thirty day wait to raise a chocobo right now hurts people just getting into the game (including myself, still waiting on the thirty days to be up). What you used to do in your first 30 days on FFXI you can now do in less than a day, so you're stuck without a chocobo for basic endgame 75+/99+ stuff.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Serenityy View Post
    The thirty day wait to raise a chocobo right now hurts people just getting into the game (including myself, still waiting on the thirty days to be up). What you used to do in your first 30 days on FFXI you can now do in less than a day, so you're stuck without a chocobo for basic endgame 75+/99+ stuff.
    I'm sorry if I don't really follow this, but having a personal Chocobo is anything but necessary. Heck, I hardly ride Chocobos at all these days.
    Home Points, Survival Guides and waypoints bring you virtually everywhere and most zones you go to around those levels to exp or do basic endgame stuff don't even allow Chocobos, not even your personal Chocobo.

Chocobo raising was never implemented as necessary progression content but as something to do on the side, for fun.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I'm sorry if I don't really follow this, but having a personal Chocobo is anything but necessary. Heck, I hardly ride Chocobos at all these days.
    Home Points, Survival Guides and waypoints bring you virtually everywhere and most zones you go to around those levels to exp or do basic endgame stuff don't even allow Chocobos, not even your personal Chocobo.

Chocobo raising was never implemented as necessary progression content but as something to do on the side, for fun.
    The point is, I think, at least from my view point, is that we already had mounts. We're getting reskinned chocobos. It's a waste of time and resources.
    (1)

Hmm.. right.
    Oh well, it's not like they haven't done that before. ಠ_ಠ
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 03-26-2016 at 07:56 AM.