Character
    Shadowlina
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Buff for Club Weaponskills?

So over the last 2 years, there have been buffs to Dagger/Sword and generally all 1 handed weaponskills within the game. Of which simultaneously there have been "Buffs" to Club weaponskills.

I'm a career Melee WHM, who has total access to all end-game content. I Have a Tishtrya, Yagrush and a Mjollnir. My true passion is really collecting clubs, and playing WHM as a melee, yet consistently WHM melee damage has only gotten lower and lower and lower as content has gone on, despite the fact that it has been "Buffed".
    Currently, the highest damaging WS on club is Mystic Boon with a Yagrush, which as most will know is Unskillchainable due to it's properties.
    And even then, if you go do a High-Tier battlefield on Difficult solo, WHM cannot even break outside the 2k damage marks, and with the extreme difficulty WHM has to even skillchain unless capped hasted via trusts + Haste Samba. There is no point in even trying for this, as even with a Yagrush Self Skillchaining is Extremely Difficult.

Club Damage has been basically ignored, and now i have a Tishtrya, and still cannot do anything fancy like other jobs can, or even build TP Fast enough to even Radiance SC Without doing lower content where Kraken club is 100% Viable. But then, that is no fun.

Club has no form of spike damage at all, nowhere near can beat the potency or get close to a THF/BLU or really any other jobs DPS without huge amounts of Trust dependency. If there is no intention to modify tp building as a Melee WHM, then why just just flat out modify the weaponskill damage, it sucks so much as a career WHM over the last 2 years to go from 25k+ Weaponskills to barely breaking 2k+ (On Reisenjimma Notorious monsters) with the best available armor in the game for the job.

Even outside of these physical Weaponskill the only option is a Flash Nova build, which is totally inventory consuming and silly really.

Can maybe Club Get some love please?
    (10)

Not that I'm disagreeing with the idea of club boosts, in fact I do support what you're asking for... That said, I have some... not so much "Critiques" so much as explanation of why you are performing sub par. if its any consolation every melee DD sucks more and more the further you get into Reisinjima, not just clubs... Every melee DPS begins to slink down into poop tier damage. Also, Club WS got overhauled just like all the others... did you not see the fTP on Judgment? Its 1fTP below Rudra's at 300%... its a very potent WS...

I've had plenty of enjoyment with Judgment... I mean its potentially stronger than Rudra's at 300%TP, (13fTP 80%DEX vs 12fTP 50%STR/MND) I've done ballpark 25k with it on Quetzacotl, with just SATA (no GEO/COR/etc), and thats using the shitty all jobs club from Incursion lol. I'm aware thats with SATA but honestly, Rudra's is rather mediocre without SATA, and so are other dagger WS. Almost the entirety of spike "wow" on DNC and THF is from their weaponskill boosting JAs, not the WS themselves. For other jobs, they don't get those wow spikes, save maybe BLU with some lucky crit Chant's, but that job itself is OP right now... Not the weaponskill, but the job. Which is what might happen if they buff any club WS except WHM only ones.

Because of that, what you're asking for might be difficult, if not impossible, without making club broken as sh*t because your job, WHM, has no WS boosting abilities, meaning in order to get the "wow" numbers you want, they'd have to account for a job that is A) Has no melee oriented abilities, and B) Has low Melee stats, and build around this concept for their weaponskills. Which mean unless that was WHM only, another job, like THF, could make that WS break the game like BLU has with Chant (among other things like SC spam amazeballs Job trait building, hastes self sufficiency etc etc).

... So all said and done, I think if there was to be a buff to Club WS without breaking the game, It'd have to be to WHM specific club WS... which I mean, you could be asking for? They could buff Mystic Boon or Randgrith and it wouldn't make Clubs overpowered... so you have to realize the narrow scope of what they could do, because as THF/WAR, I have access to pretty much every good club WS, which means if they buffed your WS, I'd have a SATA buffed WS that I could rule the world with.

Anyway, morale of this story is the Weaponskills other jobs have aren't any more OP than WHM's club weaponskills, the only thing making other jobs do more damage is that, aside from actually being melee jobs, have abilities and traits that help them buff their melee damage, and reality is, WHM doesn't, which is why you're performance is sub par compared to a melee job with WS and damage enhancing traits and abilities. (Plus, job points and Gifts are no joke and a large source of boosts for melee DPS, and WHM gets 0 Melee gifts if i recall)
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-24-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Character
    Shadowlina
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You are correct, that Judgement did get changed. But also at the same time, did Mystic boon.
    But the large issue from a white mage prospective, is that building TP, especially now, is very difficult without Haste II or some other type of buff to increase the TP Build rate.

As White Mage stands as it currently is in game, it just is NOT viable to be building 3k TP every time to do Judgement spam, over just doing other weaponskills. WHM just solo and trustless cannot even cap it's own Magic haste, WHM Doesnt have naturally any other Haste output other than Haste 1. Even with Kraken Club, Building that much TP just isn't really desirable, because why do that when with kraken club i can out damage that doing a self light over doing x amount of damage on a single WS.

I totally understand SE also trying not to discuss the issue of buffing the club Multi hit weaponskills too. But when the damage is so SO bad, as it currently is. With a Fully decked out WHM, it is so disappointing, but the issue is, especially to me, is that Realmrazer Specifically, as well as Hexa Strike was buffed the same patch Rudra's storm was and Judgement was etc. And the Damage changes to the multi hits was maybe like 100 damage max.
    Although at least Mystic Boon went from doing a max of 900 Damage to now super great spikes when setting up AM3 with a Yagrush which is certainly nice i guess.

Although i am fully aware in the past that SE has said that they where not going to give WHM Haste II. The Sheer Punishment WHM as a DD has to suffer DPS wise is just awful and bad, just purely because they lack the ability to even be slightly flexible.

Edit: Also to make WHM TP Building worse, Double Attack and Triple attack is not as potent as it is say on these high end DPS Jobs. As it stands WHM has a choice of full STP or Full Double attack as such. Which is kind of lame in the long run.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shadowlina; 03-24-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well, club ws's themselves aren't really in need of adjustment. Your last post describing the WHMdd, well. WHM =/= meant to be a DD. Thus, it suffers from limited options.

Square can't even balance the ACTUAL DD jobs, and you think whm should get more dd options, rofl.

It's bad enough that people waste everyone elses time by doing things like whm dding. If 1% of players would cut the shit and play the job(s) as intended, we wouldn't have half the issues we have. Finding an intellegent whm that plays the way a whm is supposed to play is the absolute worst part of the party system. (and forget about using a whm trust, they're all failures).

((there should be extra rewards for playing the job no one wants to play, and playing appropriately, yes I'm saying whms should get improved drop rates for themselves specifically, or even additional drop slots.))
    (1)
    Last edited by Vae; 03-25-2016 at 06:16 AM.

A bit off subject, but I don't understand why WHM and/or SCH still does not have Hastega? Isn't that well overdue?

Anywho, I agree. Even though I am not a career WHM, I have notice that there are some great WHM DD gear available and it sucks that the WHM cant get the spike in WS damage they are looking for after working so hard in getting the best possible DD gear.
    (0)

6. 03-25-2016 07:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    It's bad enough that people waste everyone elses time by doing things like whm dding. If 1% of players would cut the shit and play the job(s) as intended, we wouldn't have half the issues we have.
    Did you miss where the OP implied she plays solo?
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm all for adjusting clubs even if it won't end up affecting high level play. One of the best parts of XI is that the system allows more opportunities to expand jobs outside the rigid holy trinity structure that so many MMOs use (and the one XIV ARR decided to adopt).

On a slightly related note, maybe adjust the Divine spells a bit? As they are they're pretty much nothing but spell list filler which is kind of a bummer.
    (1)

Character
    Shadowlina
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There are so many good Melee Clubs in the game which are i119. Heck there are even clubs that are very much designed to be melee, look at Sindri. Some recent melee Clubs also come from the Reisenjima HELM NMs.
    WHM also has a lot of Melee Armor, its silly to argue that WHM is not designed to melee, even as a solo private time type deal.
    There is clearly at least some intention within the game to make WHM have the option to solo as a Melee.
    (0)