Request regarding multiple RME III Items.

Hello peoples,

This is not a complaint thread about the 10,000, or me asking for the initial 10,000 to be nerfed or any of the sort. But my request is in regards to those of us who possess more than one RME or would like to in the future own more than one RME. I think the 10,000 pieces required should stand, as much as i dislike, I think they made a hard choice not to upset Afterglow people, which I can respect, though I could not care a single iota less about a multi-colored fart cloud... Its something I understand they had to take into due consideration, so again... 10k can stand.

That said I'd like to present my reasoning for suggesting this, an unintended (possibly intended?) result of this large hurdle has been, from my viewing here, other forums, and in game, that people with multiple RMEs, or even those without them or with one, no longer have any drive to obtain these weapons do to the tremendous hurdle that is making them viable weapons again. There are those of you who have dedicated time to this hurdle, and have made headway in it, I respect your efforts, but if we can put that aside and listen to my request objectively, I would appreciate your ears.

In creating this long term goal, you have turned off many people to even accepting your task to begin with, since making 1, let alone multiple, is a considerable deal for maby people who feel the grind is simply beyond their will power. Its not so much that its impossible more than its entirely unfun, its a large, grindgy, unfun hurdle. If you could find ways to make it more enjoyable I'm all for it, but since that seems unlikely, I think that lessening the grind for owners of multiples or would-be owners of multiples.

I'm proposing something to help those with Multiple RME, while maintaining some grind since this is clearly a long term goal in your eyes... I'm just aiming to make it one people will actually attempt instead of giving up due to being overwhelmed at the task at hand. The idea of this is to make people keep playing, but in making it such a big hurdle, especially for multiple RME owners, it may do the opposite.

We all know how the current system works, So the suggestion is, Each weapon after the first will cost considerably less. For example.

Weapon #1: 10,000 (1)
    Weapon #2: 3,000
    Weapon #3: 2,000
    Weapon #4+: 1000

Its that simple. Make it to where the player will still have to triumph over that hurdle but each successive hurdle will be more manageable, making it feel more like something they could do and less like something that will be an impossible task of just "Pick your favorite and screw the rest".

If we want to work lore into it, perhaps Oboro has become more of an expert, has more experience working with the weapons, so each one after the first requires less from him as he has honed his techniques. If you want to throw Afterglowers another bone, you could Half the cost of their non-Afterglow weapons in relation to non-after glowers (I.E - 1500/1000/500)

Anyway, I appreciate the time you took to carefully read and understand I'm not asking for a nerf in the initial 10,000, just a nerf in successive ones to make it a much more achievable goal for those who have dedicated the time and effort into FFXI to surmount your existing RME hurdles multiple times.

Thank you
    (3)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-24-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This is a good idea, and therefore it will never be implemented.
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    This is a good idea, and therefore it will never be implemented.
    It's actually NOT a good idea. Having a 119 Excalibur has no influence what so ever over the fact that you have a 119 Burtgang for example.

Yeah 10k is dumb, that's life.

Don't like it, stop playing. Seriously, it's what I did, I'm not even sure how I still have forum access.
    (0)

Quitting isn't really an adequate solution for people who still enjoy the game for many reasons, nor am I one to really accept "Such is Life" as an answer. At least theres precedence for the possibility, what with the Relic WS trials, and the 250 Marrow being reduced to 5... (One being Post implementation, and the other pre).

I accept I will be doing 10k and work toward the goal, still think feedback should be given.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Quitting isn't really an adequate solution for people who still enjoy the game for many reasons, nor am I one to really accept "Such is Life" as an answer. At least theres precedence for the possibility, what with the Relic WS trials, and the 250 Marrow being reduced to 5... (One being Post implementation, and the other pre).

I accept I will be doing 10k and work toward the goal, still think feedback should be given.
    The entire problem with the RME 119 III upgrade in the first place still lies in the fact that Afterglow and non-Afterglow upgrade paths were merged, which was a blunder of such proportions I don't think sheer laziness can explain it.
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They were merged because the original afterglow path was nothing more than epeen time sinks ; it saves them time; in the future they only have to update 1 version of the same R/M/E

I'm not opposed to additional weapons costing less, but I suspect obtaining the plutons/beit/bourders will become easier over time which would effectively be the same.

S-E very rarely adjusts the requirements for RME upgrades and not in the context of rewarding holders of multiple RME.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekusuta View Post
    They were merged because the original afterglow path was nothing more than epeen time sinks ; it saves them time; in the future they only have to update 1 version of the same R/M/E

I'm not opposed to additional weapons costing less, but I suspect obtaining the plutons/beit/bourders will become easier over time which would effectively be the same.

S-E very rarely adjusts the requirements for RME upgrades and not in the context of rewarding holders of multiple RME.
    No. If anything it'll become harder: just look at how painful making empyreans is in the first place. No one does the relevant content anymore in sufficient numbers.

Unless all future content drops RME 119 currency, soon very few people will be doing anything that generates them as bridge gear makes it easier for new players to skip directly to end game content, avoiding all the stuff prior.
    (0)