Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    You have 0 information to make that claim.. hence why I asked the question. I suppose we'll just have to wait.
    We've seen clips of the mounts, which on the version the devs were playing just showed an ordinary chocobo status icon. Logic can reasonably assume that the n ew mounts won't behave wildly differnetly from the current ones. In the absence of more detailed information, and given the way current game systems work, and also given that we're talking about a small dev team that isn't likely to be creating brand new systems but rather leveraging existing ones in new ways , I don't think my assumptions are unreasonable. I do minor work in the games industry and I know from experience it is not uncommon to recycle old systems, art and assets for new purposes.

You're being rather dismissive, considering I"m not asserting anything as a fact, merely stating my opinion based on observation of the available data.
    (1)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I didn't ask for your opinion though, I asked for the DEV/Community Rep to see if we could get a comment. We did and it was asking us to wait for more information.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I didn't ask for your opinion though, I asked for the DEV/Community Rep to see if we could get a comment. We did and it was asking us to wait for more information.
    You don't have to ask for my opinion, this is a discussion forum, not solely a Q & A area to the devs. You can't restrict people from commenting on your thread just because you specifically sought a dev response. I have every privilege too post my thoughts, because that's what the forum is for.

Also, who is "we"? You didn't post the thread, and the communty rep was responding to the topic as a whole, not to your question specifically. Nor was the thread titled "Devs, can we get info on mounts?" or something like that. It was in fact titled "feedback" and thus was clearly more intended as a discussion. You also didn't specifically ask for a dev response.

Long story short: There is nothing wrong with me hypothesizing and it doesn't go against what the thread is about.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-20-2016 at 01:46 AM.

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Okay but you quoted me? So kinda suggested you were giving your opinion to me, which I didn't ask for. You can guess but I would like a DEV to clarify as the current system is obviously useless. If all they planned was a reskin of the chocobo to x monster then it probably wouldn't be advertised as something new and exciting imo, it will be an improved system I'd hope. Improved movement speeds, faster usage of the item to call the mount, more areas to summon them in (can't even use Chocobo in Adoulin area.)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Okay but you quoted me? So kinda suggested you were giving your opinion to me, which I didn't ask for. You can guess but I would like a DEV to clarify as the current system is obviously useless. If all they planned was a reskin of the chocobo to x monster then it probably wouldn't be advertised as something new and exciting imo, it will be an improved system I'd hope. Improved movement speeds, faster usage of the item to call the mount, more areas to summon them in (can't even use Chocobo in Adoulin area.)
    Again, you did not specify you wanted a dev response, nor that you didn't want anyone else to react to your comment. There was nothing wrong with what I posted, nor any reason for you to be mean about it. There is no reason why we can't extrapolate from the video or hypothesize about what we think will happen in a logical way.

I quoted you because your post triggered my comment, not because I was specifically directing the comment towards you.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-20-2016 at 01:50 AM.

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thanks but I'll wait for a DEV response instead of taking your opinion
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thanks but I'll wait for a DEV response instead of taking your opinion
    I never asked you to "take" my opinion. The opinion was shared to the community, not specifically to you. I was asking you, however, to not be so rude in response. I don't require notification that you aren't interested in my post.

People speculate and hypothesize all the time here, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-20-2016 at 02:02 AM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Don't be foolish. Dev's will NOT reply to you, you're not JP. The Best you're going to get is a copy/paste from camate if a JP asks the same exact question.

I hate to admit it but Analheim is right, it's just a reskin chocobo. It'll be literally the same exact thing, and a complete waste of developer time.

I haven't seen the video, I don't care at all in the slightest about stupid mounts. But I will say that sidesaddle is the dumbest thing you can possibly add for a mithra. Mithra are wild creatures. They are not tame ladylike in that way. Elvaan females side-saddle would be expected.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vae; 03-20-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I hate to admit it but Analheim is right, it's just a reskin chocobo. It'll be literally the same exact thing, [...]
    This is true, although I am perhaps less cynical about it as some mount variety would be nice, although I agree with your underlying sentiement that there are also a lot of other things they could be doing with their time.
    (0)

I imagine it'll work very similar to how XIV mounts work... I.E they're all the same just different skins.

Though I do like the idea of a super fast crab
    (0)

11. 03-20-2016 08:54 AM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast