Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Weakness Duration in 2016 - Can we finally get adjustments to this?

Back in early 2014, there used to be an announcement plan toward adjusting the duration of weakness when revived with Raise however those plans were then on pushed back and then was just never brought up to address anything regarding this adjustment.
    Here we are now in 2016 still no word on this subject. I thought it would be appropriate to bring this back up looking at where we are at this point of FFXI so we can give out our thoughts about this and hopefully the Dev Team take this into consideration with ideas to adjust weakness timers
    (5)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 05-23-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Player
    They did change the weakness timers for besieged but I think that's it...at the very least they should be reduced for all timed battlefields.
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    They did change the weakness timers for besieged but I think that's it...at the very least they should be reduced for all timed battlefields.
    Besieged is really old 75 content. But like you said, at the very least for timed battlefields they should be reduced. We should be able to just get back into the fight at least sooner than just the waiting 5 minutes for weakness to wear, oh wait you died again after 4 minutes, that's another 5 minute downtime ><. If only they could shave off weakness duration by 90-120 seconds maybe.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 02-05-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    +1 for this, 5 minutes is a damned life time, I've got better things to do than stand around for 5 minutes while weak.
    (2)

to be honest, i wouldn't mind the weakness timers be based on the teir of spell, Arise for example having 1 min weakness, raise 3 having 2 min, raise 2 have 3 min, and raise 1 have 4 min
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think about 1 min tops down time.

I mean, dying itself is a pain in the neck, what with losing food and buffs. The extra 4~mins downtime just add's insult to injury really.
    (2)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    to be honest, i wouldn't mind the weakness timers be based on the teir of spell, Arise for example having 1 min weakness, raise 3 having 2 min, raise 2 have 3 min, and raise 1 have 4 min
    Issue with that is people waiting for a specific Raise they want, and not realising in the time it takes to wait for said spell you may have been better off with another.

I think there should be buffs for tiers, but not Duration of Weakness. Raise should be 3 Minutes, with a 30 second Invincible effect with a block on Melee'ing when in effect when raised.

1 Minute or even 2 minutes, is just way too short.
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Given that you lose a whopping (/sarcasm) 700xp when you die and homepoint without raise at Level 99, there really isn't much of a point to Raise 2 and Raise 3 anymore.

This would be the perfect way to give these spells some relevance again -- reduce the Weakness timer if you get a better Raise (and/or Reraise).

Weakness is a game-breaking debuff, said weak person is literally unable to participate whatsoever in battle because of the ridiculous strength of the debuff, and given how long Raise spells take to cast, and how much MP they gobble up, it really isn't that practical to make use of them in single boss fights, because even if you did get back up, you gotta wait 5 minutes until you can actually be useful again. And even then, when weak does wear off, you're still missing a ton of HP and MP for a few more moments.

I very much approve the idea of making Raise 2/3/Arise shorten the weak timers.
    (2)

considering raise was originally timer for events when killing mobs was slow in comparison to now, since we have so many battle fields and pop mobs that have a 15min battle time, fixing raise to a lower time is indeed better, i like that 30second invincible suggestion, i have dreaded so many fights when i time my raise for after it WSs, only for it to throw a spell straight after to kill me again
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    considering raise was originally timer for events when killing mobs was slow in comparison to now, since we have so many battle fields and pop mobs that have a 15min battle time, fixing raise to a lower time is indeed better, i like that 30second invincible suggestion, i have dreaded so many fights when i time my raise for after it WSs, only for it to throw a spell straight after to kill me again
    It's ridiculous, who makes a long drawn out raise animation that you're able to be KO'd during.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast