Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    It's ridiculous, who makes a long drawn out raise animation that you're able to be KO'd during.
    Worst one is when your char [finally] stands up and then casually puts their weapons back in their holder in the face of another possible death
    (3)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Okay this was back in 2014 for the Feb update they were planning to adjust the duration of weakness and base it on the tier of Raise spells and reducing the EXP penalty in the event of K.O.. They only reduced the EXP penalty while the weakness duration implementation was "pushed back to a later date". They eventually did a freshly picked vana'diel for February 2014 http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post494679. In this quote
    *Easing of the death penalty
    The amount of experience lost when being knocked out has been reduced to one-fourth of the previous value. Moving forward I’m thinking to get rid of experience loss completely, but how do you all feel about this? Also, if we do this, we are also thinking to have different weakness times in order to add value to the different tiers of Raise.
    . And now for a long time, this subject wasn't brought up and never heard any word or update regarding this and eventually just ignored it
    (1)

Agreed. There should be a period of invincibility after raise, and they could make it so you can't take any action other than moving and /heal in the 30 or whatever seconds you are invincible to prevent abuse.

And if I had to choose an effect it would be something similar to the invisibility effect in the original Castlevania.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Agreed. There should be a period of invincibility after raise, and they could make it so you can't take any action other than moving and /heal in the 30 or whatever seconds you are invincible to prevent abuse.

And if I had to choose an effect it would be something similar to the invisibility effect in the original Castlevania.
    Exactly they've shown they can do as much with Gestation in Monstrosity.

Could do it something like:

Recuperation
    Damage taken is temporarily negated, you are unable to perform offensive or defensive actions.

Then you'd just remove the status effect when you no longer wanted the safety. That way you could even make the Duration the same length of time as weakness with no chance of abuse.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 02-07-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ever since that exp loss has been eased significantly years ago , the Raise spells don't do nothing else apart from more restored hp based on tier of raise, so i'm bringing back up that longtime old dev post from early 2014 again. It would be a great idea as they proposed (at the time and then never had a follow-up on that subject) is to add more value to the Raise spells in reducing the duration of Weakness. I understand that Arise has reduced weakness timers, but the only difference is that the spell itself grants a Reraise affect upon accepting Arise, so Arise can also have an even more reduced duration of weakness than the Raise spells but while maintaining the benefit of granting the Reraise effect.
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I still want to throw it out there with the idea of wanting to get back into the fight in regards to the weakness duration and hope the Dev team takes a look at the posts and consider it
    (1)

Ferreous Coffin has an ability called "Reviviscence," which was amazing to have him use it on you in Campaign. I still don't know why they never gave it to WHM and SCHs at some point to help them. Obviously, I feel that for SCH to get it, it should be a Light Arts Stratagem with a different name that requires multiple charges - Being like: You're Next Curing Spell will remove Weakness. While WHM gets Reviviscence as a JA that has about the same cool down as for charges required for SCH. That just my thought though.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2