Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Pwnsalot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Level 119 Auto-Reraise equipment?

I see everything else is becoming level 99 and level 119 but I'm still stuck in Twilight Set that I can't equip on THF.

Plus wearing it reduces my iLv

Please look into possible solutions.
    (4)

I hope they don't.

Auto-reraise was OP and caused people to do stupid things. I remember the VWs and WKRs where people kept the alliance floored while they continuously tried to get back up.

Twilight set sits where it should now, the user incurs a hefty penalty to equip it (now). For instance, "full-timing" twilight may very likely be the thing to cause your death, especially for paladins. A paladin swapping to Twilight gives up as much as -21% damage taken, magic evasion, defense, base stats and more depending on what pieces they using in those to slots.

I, however, always thought that other jobs should have access to a similar set, but it should be just as lacking in other stats as twilight is compared to present gear.
    (5)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 03-17-2016 at 01:28 AM.

Player
    It had its up and downs,

Sure, when you were doing such stuff like VW and ppl kept on standing up making others wipe again was pretty stupid.

But on other cases when you were on a BC or time limited fight, or a fight that took 1 day or more to make the whole pop, zombie pld was a life-saver allowing a smart party to recover and be able to finish the mob before the time ran up or the mob has regenned to a point the battle was over.

I'd like 119 Auto-reraise gear as well but yes it may have its ups and downs.

Instead, SE can fulfill their promise about fixing the K.O. system so we have 10 seconds of 'perfect defense'

(Yes, not 'invincible' since all new stuff keeps on nuke-aga us with chainspell casting speed) So people who are getting up don't die again and can retreat, 10 seconds because when you get up and character tries to sheath his weapon, steals seconds that makes a difference of being dead again. Not to mention the possible lag and another factors that can kill you and they are out of your control/skill.

Hell, even on those 10 seconds we can have a 'zombie' effect so we cannot being healed and ppl don't use it to zombie DD.

My two cents.
    (9)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 03-15-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I love absolutely everything you said. I would make one change, though.

10 seconds + the duration of the raise animation.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    It had its up and downs,

Sure, when you were doing such stuff like VW and ppl kept on standing up making others wipe again was pretty stupid.

But on other cases when you were on a BC or time limited fight, or a fight that took 1 day or more to make the whole pop, zombie pld was a life-saver allowing a smart party to recover and be able to finish the mob before the time ran up or the mob has regenned to a point the battle was over.

I'd like 119 Auto-reraise gear as well but yes it may have its ups and downs.

Instead, SE can fulfill their promise about fixing the K.O. system so we have 10 seconds of 'perfect defense'

(Yes, not 'invincible' since all new stuff keeps on nuke-aga us with chainspell casting speed) So people who are getting up don't die again and can retreat, 10 seconds because when you get up and character tries to sheath his weapon, steals seconds that makes a difference of being dead again. Not to mention the possible lag and another factors that can kill you and they are out of your control/skill.

Hell, even on those 10 seconds we can have a 'zombie' effect so we cannot being healed and ppl don't use it to zombie DD.

My two cents.
    I like that idea. To be honest, that should have been implemented years ago when folks where complaining about not having the time to even move out of range from a mob/NM upon raise.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I know people will shoot me for mentioning this, but in FFXIV, when you raise up, you are invulnerable for a few seconds *as long as you don't use an ability* (which will drop the protection early). 10 seconds is a long time though, even for FFXI. Personally I'd be happy if I simply couldn't get wrecked before I even finish animating, because it honestly looks really bad visually the way it happens.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The reason I think ten seconds is an entirely reasonable amount is depending on what your frame rate is, which can and does tank even on high end machines under certain circumstances, it's entirely possible that your 4 seconds raise animation could get dragged out to 6 or 7, and then due to latency between client and server, by the time you're "out of range" you were still in range as far as the server cares and that AoE hits you.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    The reason I think ten seconds is an entirely reasonable amount is depending on what your frame rate is, which can and does tank even on high end machines under certain circumstances, it's entirely possible that your 4 seconds raise animation could get dragged out to 6 or 7, and then due to latency between client and server, by the time you're "out of range" you were still in range as far as the server cares and that AoE hits you.
    Rather than being based on X amount of real time, it would be a lot better to be based on when you gain control of your character, to avoid issues caused by animation and frame rate.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Rather than being based on X amount of real time, it would be a lot better to be based on when you gain control of your character, to avoid issues caused by animation and frame rate.
    You still have to deal with latency, and even once you get up, it's frame rate problems will still affect your move speed. Control of character isn't enough. Another option might be a special kind of shadow that lasts some number of seconds + reanimation time + at least 1 second to account for latency, or 1-3 attacks that would KO you. So you get up, and if you get out of range in those six seconds, you're fine. You get up and get hit by a TP move that would kill you before you could get out of range because you just regained control of your character half a second ago that gets nullified and you can run away.

Combine it with an inability to attack or cast spells or use items for the duration of the raise protection, and all it's good for is running away from whatever killed you. You can't use it to get up and deliver a killing blow while invulnerable with that 2.3k TP you had when you died, or stun (or try to stun) the mob on getting up so you can run away, since that affects the overall combat, etc.

All other options I can think of are possible to abuse. If it's based on ticks healed, you just don't heal. If it's 'healed to full HP while weakened' there are plenty of ways to ensure you don't hit max HP. I'm sure there are other ways that far more devious minds could come up with.

Arguably, none of this is exactly an issue if whoever is tanking moves the damned thing away from you, but not everyone is smart enough to do that, and it's not always possible.

Dealing with mob AoE attacks while raising is one thing when you're in the Dunes dealing with fireball in a merit party, or bomb toss. But when so many mobs of any type once you get to 'end game' content these days either have AoE autoattacks, or are capable of spamming AoE TP moves because of insane TP feed because of insane attack speed, or -ga spells, the amount of theoretical safe time originally attached to Raise and its variants has been drastically reduced.

And a temporary immunity to damage upon raising for 10 or so seconds to get out of range would probably affect the metagame for the better, since one of the many reasons people don't want to take melee DDs to a lot of content is they just die over and over and over and over and it's better to just take a PLD who's not going to die (or whose death would be a wipe anyway), and then nuke the thing from orbit. That's the only way you can come close to making sure you're safe.

This is one of the many problems in game mechanics introduced because things are happening faster than was envisioned possible (or likely/frequent) when the mechanics were designed. TP feed wasn't made with the idea that you'd have so many people attacking so quickly.

Even assuming capped subtle blow, 3 DDs getting 3 attacks per attack round, at 80 modified delay per attack round, are going to be feeding the mob roughly 430 TP per second (if I'm reading the new formulae correctly) or about 330 per second (old formulae). So you're looking at mobs hitting 3kTP, or at least having 3kTP fed to them, in 6.9~9.1 seconds.

Meanwhile, again, if I'm reading this right (and I've woken and had my coffee), three BLMs rotating between Tier 5 nukes with maximum fast cast and haste will combined be feeding the mob 1/4 ~ 1/5th as much TP. And that means the tank is taking far less damage, which means "less chance for him to die before the WHM can do something", and he's also getting hit by single target cures, which is usually more MP efficient than -gas, which need to hit 4-6 people for a significant portion of their maximum cure amount to be as MP efficient.
    (1)

And the mages, unlike the melee are safe from random deaths most of the time. What frequently gets melee is a double whammy combining a tp-move/aga/potent poison. Mages, usually, can position so they're safe from all, or at least most, of a boss's attacks.

People don't dismiss melee because they're more likely to get the tank killed so much as they're more likely to die themselves.

A SIMPLE EASY boss like the IG Ironsides is made so much harder with melee, not because they're likely to get me killed but because they're likely to die themselves, slowing the fight because they're not available to participate in skillchains.

Meanwhile, there's not a single boss in the game where mages (the "glass cannons") are more vulnerable than melee. Bosses like Delores, where she ignores enmity if someone attacks her from a distance, just have the mages standing in melee range. Unless casting, mages can sacrifice all slots to DT/PDT/MDT/Pet-DT/Refresh*/Regen. A melee still craves haste, accuracy, DA/TA, etc.

Refresh is certainly nice, but with so many sources of very potent refresh (BRD,GEO,COR,RDM/Sublimation) or sustainability (Convert, up to 3 tiers of Aspir, Myrkr, BLM AF Reforged Body, WHM Empy Pants, Devotion, Radial Arcana) refresh from gear is just not as potent as it used to be.

To be honest, as much as I love gear-swapping in combat, I don't see how they could reverse course in this trend in a game where combat-gear-swapping is a thing. I'm not at all asking for them to remove combat-gear-swapping either.

BLMs and SCHs aren't glass cannons anymore, they're rock-solid machine guns. They have near endless MP, produce minimal hate, feed much less TP and require very little babysitting

---

I would support a 20-second buff that made raised person immune to all forms of damage and enfeebles. Make it so that any action that generates enmity on anything (sleep/provoke/attacking/etc, as well as curing anyone on a mob's hatelist) removes the protection. I would even make rest-hate break the protection as you should be smart enough to rest away from the boss.

Direct agro should also break the invulnerability.. say the alli wipes, someone gets up and agroes everything.. They shouldn't be immune to damage for that.
    (2)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 03-17-2016 at 06:45 AM.

11. 03-17-2016 09:46 AM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast