Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    i can honestly say that my linkshell does not reject anyone based on a job. but they will if u don't listen and learn. we just get people who are on and go do stuff people need. its not about being the best it is about trying to have fun.
    (1)
    Last edited by zataz; 03-18-2016 at 12:34 AM.

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Zataz, I'm gonna say this as nicely as I possibly can: Good for you. You are not the problem. But just because you are not a part of the problem does not mean the problem does not exist.
    (3)

3. 03-18-2016 07:23 AM

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    my point i'm trying to make is that this linkshell exist cause someone wanted what it offers why not do the same?

also don't be afraid to kick people who do not fit the mold.
    (1)
    Last edited by zataz; 03-18-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Honestly, exaggeration is strong with this thread. CP you would get solo is nothing to scoff at and it comes with the freedom you wouldn't have in a hardcore cp party session which is pretty great for such an old game (and thus, mostly mature playerbase) which is leaning towards casual and even solo gameplay for solid reasons. I am pretty sure there are very few kids around anymore who has all the free time to party for hours without worrying about their sleep time, family, job etc.

About the cp rate starting slow; That applies to everybody, not only "wrong jobs". I have finished BLU and GEO, and I HATE starting over on WHM with very little cp gift, but that is how the system was designed. Everybody starts slow, it has nothing to do with people being selective for certain jobs. Back in the old days, it was MUCH MUCH worse than the current situation. For anyone who remembers the merit pt job favoritism back in the day, the current options to progress are simply amazing in comparison.

Also do you realize how squishy most reisenjima mobs are? You don't need augmented reisenjima or new abjuration armor at all to blaze through them.

You need accuracy? Zitah augmentable stuff offers much more than enough acc. Sublime sushi alone is 100 acc. It is not like you are engaging a reisenjima T4 for cp.

If you want to cp with a melee pt, go ahead and cp in a gates II area or in reisenjima, bring a few DDs, fill the rest with trusts and kill anything in sight, roam if you have to. Leave the apex parties to those who can abuse the absurd power of mb setups (oh and btw, it isn't like you level a nuker job and oneshot them with sparks gear).

If everybody was able to do everything at the same efficiency level, would that not be very boring? Some people just can't seem to look at the bright side. We loved this game because of its unique job selection-oriented gameplay. There has always been cheaper setups that favored some jobs over the others and that is not even necessarily a bad thing by default. That means different jobs are able to do different things at different efficiency levels.

If you aren't willing to put the effort and gil in to get cp faster, it means you are just whining for the sake of whining.
    (3)
    Last edited by Vinedrai; 03-20-2016 at 01:06 AM.

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Apex parties are doable with melee jobs. It's just "hard" to do them like that.
    (1)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Apex parties are doable with melee jobs. It's just "hard" to do them like that.
    Well, yes. It is doable without a party set for mb, but painfully slower and totally not worth it. I used to solo apex raptors on blu with trusts for a short while, spamming self lights and having Shantotto II mb them (yes, blu is kinda in its own category, but the point stands), but cping on squishy mobs with ANY job in Reisenjima is perfectly fine. Let's look at whm. You don't have the means to melee? Fine, sub /sch, put on some mab gear, turn on dark arts, call some nuker trusts, spam Blizzard II, profit. You can't seem to find a cp pt on BRD? Fine, go melee, seriously. BRD has so many melee options and also very good dagger WSs and the fact that you would be using daggers means mosquitos, ladybugs and hippogryphs in Reisenjima would take more damage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vinedrai; 03-20-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinedrai View Post
    cping on squishy mobs with ANY job in Reisenjima is perfectly fine. Let's look at whm. You don't have the means to melee? Fine, sub /sch, put on some mab gear, turn on dark arts, call some nuker trusts, spam Blizzard II, profit. You can't seem to find a cp pt on BRD? Fine, go melee, seriously. BRD has so many melee options and also very good dagger WSs and the fact that you would be using daggers means mosquitos, ladybugs and hippogryphs in Reisenjima would take more damage.
    What Trust setup would you use on a 119 strictly melee job for someone just starting out?
    (0)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    What Trust setup would you use on a 119 strictly melee job for someone just starting out?
    This is a very subjective matter, but I would say; "Tank, healer, Qultada, Ulmia, Koru" or King of hearts or "tank, healer, Qultada, 2 nukers", depending how well equipped you are. As you get stronger, the former setup would outweigh the latter.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vinedrai; 03-21-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Player
    With that first setup, you're probably better off with a DD instead of the tank. It makes sense to have a tank when you're using nukers or RNGs (not to keep them alive, but to keep the mob in one place), but in a setup where you have three or four support trusts, you'll want the remaining slot or two to help kill faster (and keeping the mob stationary isn't really required because everyone's close in).
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3