Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloudsplitter

Cloudsplitter

Anyone that has access to this weapon skill can tell you that it is very weak. Its hard for me to believe that this Ws was intended to be this underwhelming. Its not very befitting of an empyrean weapon. I think there may be something wrong with it.
    (5)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It may be a calculating error, but you have to also remember one thing. Just because it's a WS off of a new endgame weapon, doesn't elate automaticaly to high damage.
    (2)

its just my opinion and concern. I just think the reward is worth the effort(unlike with ALL the other empyrean weapons) and there could be something wrong with it.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Cloudsplitter is a magic WS and you're wondering why it sucks?
    (1)

hellfire doesn't suck
    (2)

most likely due to not exploiting the mods on it. I used to think Cataclysm was kinda meh until an LS mate turned me onto the affinity bonus it gets from my Pluto's staff. It seemed to get a little punch too from Neptune, but not as much. I started tweaking it out a little and before I knew it my BLM was landing almost 2k each on mandies in our cleave run.

STR/MND mods kinda stinks for WAR/BST. While the STR is a no brainer--if your MND is underpowered it could be holding it back a bit. IDK if it would get any help from a moldy earring, but could be worth a try too I guess (if you have one).
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST

STR/MND mods kinda stinks for WAR/BST. While the STR is a no brainer--if your MND is underpowered it could be holding it back a bit. IDK if it would get any help from a moldy earring, but could be worth a try too I guess (if you have one).
    1 MAB = +1% damage on magic WS.

STR and MND are equal on cloudsplitter because it's a magic WS. It's unaffected by physical damage calculations.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Areola View Post
    hellfire doesn't suck
    Wildfire also has a 5.5 damage multiplier, you can use a Vulcan's Staff with it and COR can use Wizard's Roll and sub BLM for a whole lot of Magic Attack Bonus.
    (0)

Trueflights the same way, most of the time I can only do decent numbers with it on a mob if its weak to magic or resistant to physical damage and its even more compouned that its only modifier is AGI.
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    What sort of numbers are you putting up exactly, and against what target/zone?
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast