Thread: Cloudsplitter

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Areola View Post
    IF there where any forums or sits that said anything about Cloudsplitter being < or = primal rend i would have made the bow and then got a charmers merlin. or maybe i didn't look in the right place for that info. Inside or outside of abyssea cloud will never compare to rampage.
    Yeah I hear ya there wasn't much info on it. I'm currently making farsha. While it not having huge #'s is sorta crappy I am still gonna finish it. Considering it's the best option for my Bst. Not interested in putting the time/effort and huge amount of gil into a mythic.

Out of curiosity do you have the corresponding lightning gorget/belt? Also what are you using as your off hand weapon? I'm doing the empy, and occ attk 2-4 axe. Spose worst case scenario I can use cloudsplitter to have aftermath active then spam rampage/primal rend till aftermath needs to be reapplied.
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

A LS mate did his Farsha and was very upset that he wasn't breaking out huge numbers after seeing other 1 hand empyreans doing 4-5k consistantly, and as for wildfire a rng mate in ls did it and set up mab gear and atma and was doing 4k while a cor in ls was doing 7-8k+ no brews used.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    Out of curiosity do you have the corresponding lightning gorget/belt? Also what are you using as your off hand weapon? I'm doing the empy, and occ attk 2-4 axe. Spose worst case scenario I can use cloudsplitter to have aftermath active then spam rampage/primal rend till aftermath needs to be reapplied.
    I normally offhand the occ att 2-4 axe but sometimes i use the TP bonus axe. I'd use a ugly pendant for a neck piece and i haven't tried a lightning belt. when you have 100%-199% TP you get lv 1 aftermath and lv 1 only last for about 30 seconds. Unless your getting haste and or march the aftermath will wear off before your next WS. Also TP bonus doesn't affect the aftermath lv, at least not form my axe haven't tried any atmas yet.
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Quote Originally Posted by Areola View Post
    I normally offhand the occ att 2-4 axe but sometimes i use the TP bonus axe. I'd use a ugly pendant for a neck piece and i haven't tried a lightning belt. when you have 100%-199% TP you get lv 1 aftermath and lv 1 only last for about 30 seconds. Unless your getting haste and or march the aftermath will wear off before your next WS. Also TP bonus doesn't affect the aftermath lv, at least not form my axe haven't tried any atmas yet.
    TP Bonus Axe doesn't work in Offhand does it?

Or is it different from all the other trial weapons and Martial Weapons :X?
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Because Wizard's Roll gets a bonus from BLM or /BLM being in your party.
    Really? I have 90 COR and have never heard of sub jobs working for the job specific bonuses. Nor does wiki mention anything about this.

IF there where any forums or sits that said anything about Cloudsplitter being < or = primal rend i would have made the bow and then got a charmers merlin. or maybe i didn't look in the right place for that info. Inside or outside of abyssea cloud will never compare to rampage.
    BG forums are a very good source of information whenever updates and new content get released. I'd suggest you lurk there a bit. Also, you could have posted a question on forums (either Zam or BG or FFXIAH) and i'm sure you would have got the same answer you're realizing now. Also, depending on when you started the Axe, chances are information for the WS might have been on wiki. Side by side the crit. based WS of the bow obviously has way more potential than the magic WS of the Axe. Before we even think about fTP multipliers and how Cloudsplitter starts with a lower value than Primal Rend.
    (0)

I guess that's where i messed up i didn't go to BG. Whenever i found something on Zam or FFXIAH all i got where war's saying "IT SUCKS MAKE A UKON" or bst saying its primal rend +1(leading me to believe it would be better that primal rend) nothing about the damage or lack there of. I also new that the bow has a much more powerful ws but i spend the majority of time on my bst when i'm not with my ls so i chose the axe.
    (2)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Gotcha, it's still a fantastic axe and an achievement to be proud of. At the very worst you've probably decked out a bunch of people in +2 feet ^^

Also, with the aftermath it looks like it's clearly better than Primal Rend. Even one proc on Aftermath is enough to make it a better option by the looks of it.

Because Wizard's Roll gets a bonus from ... /BLM being in your party.
    This has been tested and proven to be false. Subbing BLM is just plain silly if you have the option of /RDM available.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...with-subjob-!?
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-11-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    A LS mate did his Farsha and was very upset that he wasn't breaking out huge numbers after seeing other 1 hand empyreans doing 4-5k consistantly, and as for wildfire a rng mate in ls did it and set up mab gear and atma and was doing 4k while a cor in ls was doing 7-8k+ no brews used.
    What atmas was the RNG using vs the COR?
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 04-11-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Cor gets a 10-20% damage boost from there af3 feet if they use fireshot then wildfire
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Cloudsplitter is a lightening elemental attack WS. Its pretty good for an ele WS, don't know why people are expecting it to compare to other crit hit WS. The reason your seeing all these crazy wildfire numbers is that the COR's are stacking it with +Fire / MAB atma's while your using RR / Apoc types. You want to do crazy damage on cloud splitter your going to need,

Atma of the Lion
    Thunder Damage +40%
    Triple Attack +10%
    Physical Damage Taken -10%

Atma of the Blinding Horn
    Thunder Damage +30%
    Magic Damage Taken -10%
    Conserve MP: Minor (useless on the jobs involved)

Atma of the Ultimate
    Magic Attack Bonus +50
    Magic Accuracy +50
    MP -25% (useless on the jobs involved)

As for the stat to use more testing needs to be done on how this WS's fINT works. INT isn't always used for fINT, Wildfire use's AGI (P_AGI - E_INT) instead, along with a few other WS's. This could use STR or MND for fINT along with being one of the WSC's. MAB is also something to look at, pack it on whenever possible but please remember that 1 MAB does NOT equal 1% extra damage, this is a myth. The amount of additional damage is based on how much MAB you already have.

You have 24 MAB (from /RDM or /BLM) and you put on the 5% earring.
    1.29/1.24 = 1.0403, or +4% damage not 5.

If your already at 74 (from atma + MAB II) then its,
    1.79/1.74 = 1.0287 or +2.87% additional damage.

And while brewing you should be dealing retarded damage, technically thunder has more +DMG then fire. Fire can get +60 from two atma's, thunder gets +70 and the accuracy to go with it. Only their +2 feet and tendency to sub RDM lets them deal that kind of damage. As a WAR (or BST) your also dealing melee damage, so while your ZOMFG numbers may be less your still crushing them in total damage.
    (3)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast