Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloudsplitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    What sort of numbers are you putting up exactly, and against what target/zone?
    i was testing it out on the tabar beaks out in sauromugue champaign. The highest ws i could get was 1100 at 300% tp
    Str at 79 +43(122) Mnd at 68 +42(110) Mab at 11% moldy and hecate's earring. at 100% TP cloudsplitter was averaging 750where primal red averaged 850 Chr at 81 +15(96) same Mab. i did both ws on the same mob so I'd know there was no lv difference tping on other mobs in the area. i don't know how to do exact extensive testing. so i'm probably doing it wrong by most peoples standards. If anyone else can test it correctly please let me know what I'm doing wrong and let me know your results
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

reminds me...I gotta get back to making my @#$@#$ sea gorgets one of these days....
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    Trueflights the same way, most of the time I can only do decent numbers with it on a mob if its weak to magic or resistant to physical damage and its even more compouned that its only modifier is AGI.
    It's also affected by INT Magic Attack Bonus and Light Affinity.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 04-10-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Almost all of the Epic Wildfire numbers i see are using Epic Atmas to enhance it. Atma of the Lion(? I think thats Fire:Major), etc. Ultimate, etc. Which produces great numbers. However I dunno if it hurts their DPS as much as it would hurt a BSTs or WARs, cause of the relatively small damage from their TP phase and large in WS phase.

If you geared your Atmas towards pure MAB, You'd likely get higher numbers, But your TP-Phase would suffer greatly, Which is the flaw with magical weaponskills (In Abyssea anyway, Not outside as there is no Atma outside). Cloudsplitter is basically "Primal Rend +1".

If you ever get a Farsha, Inside Abyssea you're likely better off knowing the WS damage is going to be crap, and gearing toward your normal DD ways (RR/VV/GH/Apoc/Etc), and using Cloudsplitter to activate Aftermath, and continue using Rampage.

Though, I'm wiling to humor the Idea it might be a glitch, But something tells me its not
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Clouds aren't very hard.

MYSTERY. SOLVED.
    (8)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    reminds me...I gotta get back to making my @#$@#$ sea gorgets one of these days....
    In the context of what we are discussing here, Sea Gorgets are a poor gear choice.

Atma of the Lion(? I think thats Fire:Major)
    Lion is lightning, Smoldering sky is fire.

Back on topic, it does kind of suck that the Axe WS is so poor. People are right though, it can be boosted substantially with Atmas, Meds and /Rdm (why do people use and talk about /blm when /rdm gets the same MAB boost by the way?). Realistically, there are probably situations where Cloudsplitter is the right choice, depending on what you're fighting. We're just not in a position to regularly boost up our MAB to take full advantage of it like COR for example.

Also, for the sake of it. Here's a pretty complete build for CloudSplitter:
    Ugly Pendant
    Twilight Mail
    Twilight Helm
    Flame Sachet
    Suzaku's Sune-ate
    Fortis Mantle
    Aqua Ring
    Aqua Ring
    Novio Earring
    Hecate's Earring
    Heafoc Mitts
    Teutates subligar
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-10-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Though, I'm wiling to humor the Idea it might be a glitch, But something tells me its not
    I'd be lying if i said that it isn't wishful thinking. But finding out i wasted all that time on a ws that's worthless without a brew kinds hurts my FFXI pride. Even though its most likely not a glitch i would happily welcome any adjustments that would make this ws useful. At this point i wish i would have made the bow, or even the culb <_<.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    I'd be lying if i said that it isn't wishful thinking. But finding out i wasted all that time on a ws that's worthless without a brew kinds hurts my FFXI pride.
    I was well aware that it wasn't going to be the greatest WS before I started making the Empy. I'm surprised other people haven't done this kind of research. Waste of time though? What is this game if not a massive waste of time? The thing is, it's still one of the best DD axes in the game at the moment and BST has an exceptional WS for Abyssea already in Rampage.

Having said all that, it would be nice if the fTP on Cloudsplitter could be boosted at least
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin
    (why do people use and talk about /blm when /rdm gets the same MAB boost by the way?)
    Because Wizard's Roll gets a bonus from BLM or /BLM being in your party.
    (0)

IF there where any forums or sits that said anything about Cloudsplitter being < or = primal rend i would have made the bow and then got a charmers merlin. or maybe i didn't look in the right place for that info. Inside or outside of abyssea cloud will never compare to rampage.
    (0)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast