Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Cloudsplitter

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    So what the hell is SE smoking?
    Carbon paper soaked in white-out, because that's what they found in the old stock room. Then they build a fort out of their desks and chairs. Then they vie for position of emperor for a bit, shifting rule of this strange new world of their own construction through several hands. By the time a new ruler has been justly and fairly crowned, it's five or six, so they go home.

The next morning, they tidy things up a bit and test Cloudsplitter in ways that make statistics feel dirty and ashamed. I get that "it can do the same damage", but it's also a fact that melee damage is made much worse through factors that make Cloudsplitter worthwhile to use.

Cloudsplitter is not even on par with Wildfire. Not even on paper.

An empyrean weapon-skill should be an improvement, not tantamount to ripping off one arm so as to wield it as a club with the other.
    (0)

I did not find a post with Brew dmg. Is that comparable to wildfire at least?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Cloudsplitter's brew damage is quite nice, but it might not be quite as good as Wildfire. Cloudsplitter has an uncapped dSTAT term, but Wildfire has an uncapped and doubled dSTAT term.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    I did not find a post with Brew dmg. Is that comparable to wildfire at least?
    That's a good question and I wish I could give you hard facts and numbers. But I cant. If i'm not mistaken Cor with Wildfire and brew is top dog(unless the mob is immune or resistant to fire). But its not like anything unlucky enough to get brewed by one of those WS's is making it back home.
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

I am sorry, right after I posted I realize my phone sucks and there are 10 more pages I hadn't read.
    (0)

Character
    Stabbytabby
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think it's time to ignore how well CS does in Abyssea/Brew situations and concentrate more on the worthlessness of it outside where we have no atma or inflated stats. Aside from odd targets like elementals, it's just depressing to use.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbytabby View Post
    I think it's time to ignore how well CS does in Abyssea/Brew situations and concentrate more on the worthlessness of it outside where we have no atma or inflated stats. Aside from odd targets like elementals, it's just depressing to use.
    Thats what this thread is about. But the Dev's have been super ignoring it. They could at least humor us with some kind of reply. Everyday I sign on to the forum's hoping to see a crown next to the topic containing some good news. But everyday I am disappoint <_<.
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah there has been replies to this situation on the Japanese forums I believe. Please Camate or anyone out there throw us a bone
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    As I understand, under brew situations, wildfire is getting up around 63k damage
    Cloudsplitter can get up around 45k

but, as has been stated, it really needs a better comparison of non-brewed situations. its quite disappointing as it is.
    It would be worth is w/ current damge if it were AoE.
    It would be worth it if Aftermath included pets for bsts
    it would be worth it if it had some pet bonus for bsts

Otherwise it needs a bit of an upgrade.. even if the secondary stat mods, or tp mod, or just the base was a bit higher.. 15~20% ?

but the animation looks fantastic!!
    (1)
    Last edited by Xilk; 09-22-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

I was leveling up samurai the other day and a thought hit me. What if cloudsplitter was similar to Tachi: Jinpu? Jinpu deals both psychical and elemental damage and can pull off some decent numbers w/o crippling your damage output during the tp phase. I'm guessing this would require it to become a two hit attack though.
    (0)

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast