Character
    Vonduke
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

POL will not load

Hi guys,

So I have FFXI downloaded from Steam on Windows 10 64-bit, it's worked perfectly fine since December when I decided to come back to the game from FFXIV. Today I tried to log in and POL would not load at all. All of my drivers are up to date but I cannot seem to locate the issue.

What happens is when I go to run FFXI, the POL screen comes up as a black screen from it not loading. There was an Nvidia update a few days ago but I was playing last night with no issue at all. Any info on this at all would be appreciated ^^
    (0)

2. 03-07-2016 08:10 PM

Character
    Vonduke
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that the Nvidia update might have reset or otherwise jinxed your "Legacy" settings on Windows 10. If you haven't tried this yet, you could try checking your Legacy settings ---> "Direct Play."

I know that my Windows 10 would not run POL when the Legacy settings were disabled.

Good luck with getting it fixed.^^
    Thanks! But I checked that as well and it is still enabled >.<
    (0)

Character
    Vonduke
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Bump to this, please help ^^
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Go to your Steam Library point the mouse to FFXI and right Click. Select properties. Select the "Local Files" Tab. Select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" It'll do a file check and restore any missing files.

Check and make sure your Anti-Virus software isn't getting a false positive on any FFXI files and removing them. Put your FFXI directory in your AV's exception list etc.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" It'll do a file check and restore any missing files.
    Is it really a good idea to do this on Steam? Won't it restore POL back to just-installed since it isn't updated through Steam?
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Is it really a good idea to do this on Steam? Won't it restore POL back to just-installed since it isn't updated through Steam?
    Yes, it will restore FFXI to a version from like 2.5 years ago and require you to fully patch the game up again.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Yes, it will restore FFXI to a version from like 2.5 years ago and require you to fully patch the game up again.
    Since he can't run POL anyway, it's an option.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Since he can't run POL anyway, it's an option.
    Telling someone to do that could also be considered the equivalent of telling someone that ALT+F4 is 'drop weapon' in counterstrike.
    (0)

Character
    Teemu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ok so I recently just got a new computer with windows 10 and I go onto steam to download my ffxi and pol will launch then just crash. I then went to the website and downloaded off playonline and put the 4 files into one folder and ran setup and had to do it in chrome cause microsoft edge wouldnt download files correctly. So i get pol installed and go to run it and it starts up and crashes again. I went into pol properties and ran the program compatability troubleshouter report and it said incompatable program and pol is incompatable. I also went in legacy settings and checked direct play. I am going to pull my hair out. Bought an expensive new computer and cant even play the game I bought it for.
    (0)
    Last edited by Teemu_Ramuh; 06-16-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Wish I could say I had your problem but I'm on win10 and game ran just fine for me. If you're using any... tools... try running POL clean or updating said tools.

Failing that, its probably a hardware incompatibility of some sort.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast