Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Change to Indi - geo Fend/acumen --maybe?

Since we no longer get posts anymore (6 so far this week on jp forum 0 on english...)

It looks like the values listed for acumen are off, it should be 30/45 (dunna/idris) at 900 skill but is coming out to be 38/54 and they plan to fix it in the next update.

Sorry if my translation is off but that was my take home.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The NA team is too busy translating on the FFXIV forums it seems :/
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pups323 View Post
    Since we no longer get posts anymore (6 so far this week on jp forum 0 on english...)

It looks like the values listed for acumen are off, it should be 30/45 (dunna/idris) at 900 skill but is coming out to be 38/54 and they plan to fix it in the next update.

Sorry if my translation is off but that was my take home.
    Values listed where?

Why would you want a decrease to defensive spells?
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The post only mentions acumen values, but lists fend as well
    (0)

Greetings,

Based on reports we received regarding certain geomancy spells, we took a look at the effect values. After investigation, we discovered the effects for Indi-Acumen, Indi-Fend, Geo-Acumen, and Geo-Fend were higher than the values we have originally expected. The correct values can be found in this post.

We have considered several ways to address this; however, we have decided to adjust the values to follow our the originally designed value. We’re planning to address this in the next version update.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Based on reports we received regarding certain geomancy spells, we took a look at the effect values. After investigation, we discovered the effects for Indi-Acumen, Indi-Fend, Geo-Acumen, and Geo-Fend were higher than the values we have originally expected. The correct values can be found in this post.

We have considered several ways to address this; however, we have decided to adjust the values to follow our the originally designed value. We’re planning to address this in the next version update.
    Why can't we just keep the raised values instead of decreasing them? They are working just fine and I believe the playerbase to be happy. :/
    (3)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    Why can't we just keep the raised values instead of decreasing them? They are working just fine and I believe the playerbase to be happy. :/
    Maybe if the power of those spells is set to what they *should* be, it will correct some of the playerbase's behavior. Probably not.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Who on vana'diel would report a "bug" like this?

A bard or cor I'd assume... While I regularly speak of buffs not always being the best solution, buffs are needed for the other support classes, not nerfs to GEO.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Who on vana'diel would report a "bug" like this?

A bard or cor I'd assume... While I regularly speak of buffs not always being the best solution, buffs are needed for the other support classes, not nerfs to GEO.
    I got literal anonymous death threats out of game for reporting a pretty damn major bug with Dancer job points.

If something isn't working as intended, you report it. You have no access to the code, therefore you do not know why something that isn't working as intended isn't working as intended. For all you know the error in coding that is making these spells more effective than intended could be making other spells malfunction, but in ways you don't like. No matter how minor or inconsequential the bug is, nor how much it benefits you, you report it.

I didn't particularly like having to pay full cost for my waltzes instead of getting them for 60% off constantly all the time, but I reported the bug because it was a bug and it was the right thing to do.
    (3)
    Last edited by machini; 03-03-2016 at 06:32 PM.

I like GEO because it allows me to make up for weak groups, and allows me to assist strong groups. A lot of people use GEO for both of those reasons.

I like when a newbie friend gets excited because he did a 15k ws against content hard for him and has no idea that fury/frailty is the reason why.

I'd rather them have fixed Bard, and then I'd play Bard again for the very same reasons. I never played Corsair. Just don't have the inv space to do it properly.

And btw, changing the potency of Acumen (Malaise is preferable) isn't going to change the fact that Bard has nothing like it, and threnodies/carols are generally poor substitutes for vex+attune/focus+languor.

Misbehavior, indeed.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast