Good day fellow players and devs,

Throughout the years I have seen many new people arrive in ffxi and have seen most of them quit after a couple of days/weeks/months because they miss the info needed to enjoy this game or miss the social companionship which we long time players have nurtured for a long time.

I've been thinking bout this a while now, I played EVE for a bit and they have this feature which is very handy for new and returning players. Lets call it the "noobiechannel" and it would work like this:
-When people make a new character they get acces to the "noobiechannel" for lets say 1/2 months.
-This channel can only be used to ask questions about game related problems, ask for help with missions/quest, etc.
-It is a player moderated channel.
-There are strict rules regarding topics in this channel.
-Long time players who feel the need to help new unknowing players can moderate the "noobiechannel" by chosing to be a Mentor.
-These mentors are given the ability to remove players temporarily from the channel if someone miss behaves.
-People who are not a mentor nor a new character do not get acces to the "noobiechannel".
-A GM can step up in case of miss use of this "noobiechannel" and the Mentors are having persistent problems with a player.
-Give players an incentive to become a Mentor.

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts and opinions