Character
    Roiia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Is this normal or is it broken for crafting and Fishing skill ups ??

Greetings.

i just started working on the crafting jobs and notice that its slow to skill up on them even with the skill up food and it is there an issue with the skill up system for it ?

Also for fishing i noticed the skill up system for it is too broken compared to the crafting system for the other crafting jobs
    where i was fishing for hours to only get 2x 0.1 skill up points also if you try to use the fishing food for skill up http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Fisherman's_Feast
    it gets worst were you rarely see a skill up at all

i'm interested in getting items of the fishing quests but on how its broken i doubt i'd ever get any of them

i did hear that all this was done to counter RMT Fishing bots but still how can a player who's semi new to the game or the new players who are playing going to enjoy the full content of the game in every aspect there is ?

And thank you.
    (0)

Your experience is as intended.

In the beginning, crafting skillups are actually much faster than in the later levels so be prepared for the skillup rate to be even slower as you progress. As for fishing it has always been about 90% slower than normal crafts but the functionality of the current fishing system is so obscenely easy compared to previous iterations you can watch a movie and catch fish without even really looking at xi with more than peripheral vision.

There are pieces of gear that also help you skill up for fishing and traditional crafting. Additionally, if your fishing without a Lu Shang's rod and can afford it, you will find much better results with it vs the lower rods. Once you have done the moat carp quest, you can sell the extra one.

SE did make it a lot easier to progress with less out of pocket cost with the addition of the extended skillup range over a synth. You're able to get skillups on a synth until you are 11 levels above it. Wish that existed before I'd taken a cooking mule to 100 but I digress.

I'll give you a few quick pointers though that may make your crafting more successful. SE recently admitted direction does matter with crafting, as many suspected. Also the amount of levels you are below a synth will greatly effect success rate of the synth. If you are more than 5 levels below your synth and it blows up you will not get a skillup on the loss but if you're within the 5 levels you can get a skillup even during a break. Also it's much easier to succeed at a synth during full 100% moon, easier to get HQ during the opposite. I recommend you use a difficulty checker which takes moon phase and direction into consideration. http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer/crafttimer.html is an oldie but my favorite crafting timer since forever lol. When you're using the timer, I found that has a synth difficulty at or below 3 has a much higher success rate where if you attempted a difficulty 10 synth you would likely break it.

Hope that's of some help.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jile; 02-20-2016 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Cant find the conversaion where the comment was made so i've used strikethrough for now

Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    SE recently admitted direction does matter with crafting
    Where/when was this?
    (0)

Character
    Roiia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I see so the crafting is okay as long as its a 5 lvl range for the recipe craft i'm working on
    on that note all my crafts are mostly at lv 0 tho except cooking which is 13 and cloth craft which is lv3 i do feel the start is slow even if i follow the directions while crafting

As for Fishing i'm barely just a lv 8 fisher i do have the fishermen 4 pieces gear set for fishing rod getting the Lu Shang Rod you speak of is going to take a long time since i can't afford it nor did i see it on the AH house as well i just barely started the quest with 75 carps in out of 10,000
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Where/when was this?
    I cant locate the comment so I've used strikethrough on the statement, unless I find it again. I thought it was was someone interviewing Akihiko Matsui and he made a comment about it but... since I can't locate it atm I'll have to say I was wrong until I can prove otherwise, lol.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSrw View Post
    I see so the crafting is okay as long as its a 5 lvl range for the recipe craft i'm working on
    on that note all my crafts are mostly at lv 0 tho except cooking which is 13 and cloth craft which is lv3 i do feel the start is slow even if i follow the directions while crafting

As for Fishing i'm barely just a lv 8 fisher i do have the fishermen 4 pieces gear set for fishing rod getting the Lu Shang Rod you speak of is going to take a long time since i can't afford it nor did i see it on the AH house as well i just barely started the quest with 75 carps in out of 10,000
    I know it can be rough starting out. Where possible, farm everything you're going to use for crafting skillups. Try to farm enough materials to do several hundred synths at a time. Advanced support can go a long ways toward less blowups once your able to utilize it. Don't be afraid to use macros for your power-crafting sessions either.

For a synth that you just made one test item of, you would then hit your macro like this. I like using a reminder call at the end so I can watch Netflix while crafting.... keeps me awake longer to craft longer lol..

Quick crafting macro example:

/lastsynth <wait 22>
    /lastsynth <wait 22>
    /lastsynth <wait 22>
    /lastsynth <wait 22>
    /lastsynth <wait 22>
    /p <call1>
    Additionally, if your goal is to skillup and catch fish in the process then you need to be watching for the following comments: 'Something's pulling at your line' means you have trash on your line, rusted items for the most part and I recommend you cancel these to not have them count against your fishing fatigue. Another is 'Something clamped on your line feriouciously' and this is a 'monster' that if you pull in, you'll have to kill. If you're doing the ROE trials for those items then by all means do that but for skilling's sake, cancel both of those when you see them. Lastly if you turn the camera where you are looking at your own face, the arrows that pop up are in the direction you need to pull the rod which for my brain works easier.

Again, hope this helps.
    (0)

Character
    Roiia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ok thank you.
    i'll give it a try and see how it goes .
    (0)