Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Last time I saw any collected data on this, it was less then 6%.
    THANK YOU!

I'm tired of the ignorance around here. I'm tired that people continue to blame EVERYTHING on a console they don't know anything about. And I'm tired of people pulling facts out of their... uh nose... like "2/3rd of Japanese players stand on their head upside down when they play because gravity goes up on the other side of the planet." It amazes me how naive people are sometimes...
    (0)
    Last edited by Laraul; 06-30-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Last time I saw any collected data on this, it was less then 6%.
    Not disputing this because I pray to the Goddess that it's true or lower, but I would like to see a source if possible. =x
    (0)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Yeah, if you cant provide a source, im calling BS.

And as explained, its not as simple as just dropping the PS2.
    (1)

4. 07-01-2011 01:34 AM

Is there a separate census I didn't see? Is it part of the the SE investor relations reports?
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Shenlong
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well this is a touchy subject but regardless of graphical update or drop PS2 support, one of the reasons i like FFXI is because it doesn't need a powerful/expensive PC to run it, the xbox360 isn't to bad price wise , and well ps2 consoles(fat) and used HDD's are not that expensive or hard to find, at least the used HDD's, i seen some for 34 bucks or so. either way i rather have more content, and minimal graphical updates on the console/pc or the one that can run it, like the font and icon updates are nice addition, i think they going in the right direction but overall some people are hard to please.
    (1)
    Blackmage POWER!!!! *since 2004*

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    the PS2 fat also has an issue, atleast the one in the US does, eventually the heat from the hard drive kills the laser in the DVD drive

they should have stuck with the Japanese PS2 fat design, the drive sits outside the PS2 and it would have just been easier to support in the long run
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 07-01-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Harubaru View Post
    Well this is a touchy subject but regardless of graphical update or drop PS2 support, one of the reasons i like FFXI is because it doesn't need a powerful/expensive PC to run it, the xbox360 isn't to bad price wise

CryEngine or Gambryo can run on PS3 and Xbox 360, and also on older PCs with the detail settings dialed back. It wouldn't matter if you had an older PC you'd still be able to run it. It wouldn't look as pretty but it would run just fine.
    (0)

Character
    Gjazamona
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    While I realize that this thread is a little dead, recently there was the survey to see what you play on. Hopefully SE will release the stats of it and move on from the PS2. I agree that the PS2 is dead and is limiting this game. I would LOVE to see the game get a major facelift and maybe relaunched since FF14 was such a disappointment. Guess we will see when the results come out.
    (1)

Character
    Feynman
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I doubt we'll see a major graphics revamp in the game if the ps2 is dropped. In the many posts where people argue for ditching the ps2 the point is made that you can run this game on the cheapest laptop available today. Upgrading the graphics will not only leave the ps2 in the dust but also people playing on these older PCs and maybe the Xbox (I'm not sure what it's graphics capabilities are but reportedly lower than the ps3).

I just switched from ps2 to pc because I think dropping the ps2 is inevitable. Though having just gone through the experience I will say that SE makes the change much more difficult than it needs to be. The playonline website is full of outdated information on how to set up the game. Following the instructions on the website "may be causing more problems than it is fixing" according to a Tech Support GM on these forums. SE also states many times on their website that you must own all game discs to install FFXI on a PC. There is no downloadable version. Really? Also if you buy a new computer forget about any help from SE. I couldn't get the game to run and the response I got on the phone with SE was "the game can't be run on a 64 bit system" followed by "other players have figured out how to make it work. Check with them but we can't help you on this end". SE needs to update their information, educate their support staff, and just drop the PS2!!! It's clear they are going to do it. There are known issues that are getting worse that they refuse to acknowledge. They blame it on PS2 user's internet connection. If that's the case why can my PC on the same connection play cs without black screen and interact with NPC's without freezing. Stop lying to your customers and just drop it already!

Good posts never die!!
    (2)
    Last edited by Feynman; 09-20-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Adding smart-??? comment at end

Character
    Luso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm running XI on a 64-bit PC. I think it just has to do with either registry errors or the type of OS you're using. Vista and 7 tend to mess up the installation of XI sometimes, more so with Steam.
    (0)

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast