Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Player Vae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    244
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So.... in theory, the only way that comment has anything to do with the complaint is raising subs to 80, or allowing 110 every craft. Or adding skill+ gear to match the shield. (119 aprons lolz)

    That would be, interesting, considering the previous posts.
    (0)

  2. #12
    Player Karbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, kupo!

    The Kupo Shield was designed to be a special item for Mog Bonanza, and at the moment there are no plans to introduce alternative avenues for obtaining it.
    However, in terms of synthesis, the development team is currently in the midst of planning adjustments and additions.
    Once I have details and a time frame, I will be sure to update you.
    Thanks for the reply. Keep the shield unique and rare, I like the idea of that for certain items. Was a good addition to the Bonanza to give crafters something to ogle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-27-2016 at 02:41 AM.

  3. #13
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    So.... in theory, the only way that comment has anything to do with the complaint is raising subs to 80, or allowing 110 every craft. Or adding skill+ gear to match the shield. (119 aprons lolz)

    That would be, interesting, considering the previous posts.
    Oh god if they allowed getting to 110 on all that would give these people the ability to monopolize all crafts at once
    (0)

  4. #14
    Player Snaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Snapster
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, kupo!

    The Kupo Shield was designed to be a special item for Mog Bonanza, and at the moment there are no plans to introduce alternative avenues for obtaining it.
    However, in terms of synthesis, the development team is currently in the midst of planning adjustments and additions.
    Once I have details and a time frame, I will be sure to update you.
    Hi Camate,

    Thank you for responding. I look forward to any crafting changes or announcements. However, I must admit, I am somewhat let down by this response. It seems like the development team recognizes the largely negative affects on any crafter who does not possess this item yet they plan on keeping it that way. I find it difficult to remain excited about crafting knowing this.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Vae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    244
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Oh god if they allowed getting to 110 on all that would give these people the ability to monopolize all crafts at once
    I've always been of the view that people paying 200m for a +1 is retarded anyway. You deserve to lose that market. let one guy per server with his shield crash all the markets.

    It's not 2005 were only the leet have +1. The worst players all have HQ abj gear. It's 2016, game over Oprah time. Easy mode go. +1 everything for everyone.

    (note, I have 110 smith 110 wood 110 gold 110 cloth 110 leather 110 alch 110 bone, and I couldn't care less).

    If I was active and won the shield I'd be giving +1s away just to annoy the crafters.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 02-27-2016 at 07:19 AM.

  6. #16
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Well yeah but then we should just have a bunch of people with the shield crashing it harder instead of just 1-2 guys making all the monies
    (1)

  7. #17
    Player Feary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    129
    Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    they could be adjusting the hq rate. basically shorting the gaps between the rate of t0-t3. so that those having shield will have less of an monopoly on items that are T2'd without shield.
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player Snaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Snapster
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    they could be adjusting the hq rate. basically shorting the gaps between the rate of t0-t3. so that those having shield will have less of an monopoly on items that are T2'd without shield.
    Getting rid of HQ tiers altogether in lieu of a static hq boost per level over the synthesis recipe would be a welcome change.
    (0)

  9. #19
    Player Tidis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    435
    Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Getting rid of HQ tiers altogether in lieu of a static hq boost per level over the synthesis recipe would be a welcome change.
    It could be a good solution but the Kupo Shield users need to get a useful boost out of their 3 levels, it's sort of a kick in the teeth if it was just something like 1% per level for a rank 1/2 bonanza prize.
    (0)

  10. #20
    Player Snaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Snapster
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    It could be a good solution but the Kupo Shield users need to get a useful boost out of their 3 levels, it's sort of a kick in the teeth if it was just something like 1% per level for a rank 1/2 bonanza prize.
    If tiered crafting was removed and the HQ rate was changed to something like HQ rate = 1% for every level over the recipe (with a cap of 50%), it would actually still be a very useful item. As it stands, the economics for cursed items with difficult to obtain base items (Adhemar, Amalric, etc.) mean that even with Kupo Shield half of the HQ items come from the higher level recipes. The amount of skill you can exceed the recipe for Vexed Doublet, for example, is at most 7, 10 with Kupo Shield. Going from a 7% HQ rate to a 10% HQ rate in that situation would be a 43% marginal gain in HQ rate. That seems much more in line with a Rank 1/Rank 2 prize and much more reasonable than the current situation.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast