Thread: Pet Aggro

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Pet Aggro

Is there any way to look at pet enmity and them turning away from your focused foe?

I'd even be happy if they stayed locked on to whomever you are engaged with. It is quite possibly the way that I end up dying in some situations: my pet will go off immediately towards a different enemy if they sneeze on it. :{

Take for example the Tenzen fight. I will be up close and whacking away on Tenzen with my pet, then BOOM one of the tarus will land a spell and my pet will disappear to go hit them.
    (1)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Wishful thinking, they addressed this like 2 years ago? I'll try to remember what they said:

"Pets are wild creatures and have a mind of their own etcetcetc, we have no plans blahblahblah, dealwithit.jpeg"

I think I nailed the spirit of square in the quote.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Of course 2 years ago them doing that you didn't have to run after your pet or all of a sudden make your pet commands stop working... so might be a good idea.
    (3)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Of course 2 years ago them doing that you didn't have to run after your pet or all of a sudden make your pet commands stop working... so might be a good idea.
    Exactly. One of the disadvantages of the range nerf to all commands makes it deadly to have to run around to get your pet back.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Spot on! We are called Beast-Masters, our pets should obey our will and not run off because someone nuked a hole in their head - negating our ability to control our pets and on far too many occasion's making our JA's completely random, annoying and useless.

Please SE, since you are so stubbornly, uncompromisingly, persistently, unyieldingly adamant that you will not undo the damage to our distance functionality, please help mitigate some of the injustice by allowing us to actually control our pets by allowing us to decide what they fight as their masters... if we can't control the will of our pets, what are we Masters of? Nothing.
    (2)

Bump. SE, please, give us better control of our pets. We already have to dance on razors to get our pets to use their stupid moves, can't you at least adjust them to obey their masters?
    (1)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    They do obey your will, Jile. It's just that they are also alive within the game world and will react to threats like every other monster does. Seems like natural, expected behavior to me.

Try not to overindulge upon the title of "master." It means you've also accepted and incorporated the challenges that come with calling forth wild beasts. If you're looking for perfection, keep in mind that automations overload, scholars have limited stratagems, paladins have imperfect blocking and dragoons can't directly command wyverns into battle.

I agree that the short distance has made this potentially more frustrating. You'll have to do what SE wanted- Assume more risk and be aware and ready for possible distractions.
    (0)

They obey until anything touches them and then they run off into lala land after them making us impotent and often dead. If we have to live with the castration distance they could at least give us better control of our pets.
    (0)