Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I know people who blow more on SNACKS in a few days. 12.95 being too much is the worst arguement ever made by extremely poor people who shouldn't be playing video games or by kids who use their moms credit card still.
    (3)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    I know people who blow more on SNACKS in a few days. 12.95 being too much is the worst arguement ever made by extremely poor people who shouldn't be playing video games or by kids who use their moms credit card still.
    This quote right here is full of ignorance. Just because you can find things that are more expensive does not make your argument any better. I could spend $20 on lunch, but that doesn't weaken my argument. The fact is this game is well past its prime, and while I still love it, I find the $13 a month a little excessive for a game that will only be getting updates that rehash old content. Reisenjima was the end of brand new content. Maybe with the April update we'll get some armor or weapons with new skins, maybe a new quest, maybe a "new" battlefield. And I have quite a few friends who said they would come back for at least a month, but the sub fee is too expensive for such an old game.

If you took a survey that includes randomly seleceted current and former FFXI players, I can guarantee you the majority would be on my side and not yours.
    (1)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    12.95 too much? Really? That amount is very realistic for 30 days of entertainment. I mean that's like 1 lunch or one movie or something. C'mon man
    I will avoid any socio-economic status arguments and just ask you this: Are you happy that you are still paying 12.95 a month for a game that is at best getting updates that feature rehashed old content? Finding things more expensive does not strengthen your argument. Playing this game for the night for millionth time did not stop me from going to see Deadpool either. So the argument that playing this prevents people from doing things like that is nonexistent.

I often take breaks from this game, sometimes for months (longest was 13) at a time, because often times there's nothing new to do. People like fresh experiences. When you're not getting fresh experiences and start to repeat the same thing day in and day out, people become less inclined to offer their money for a service that doesn't provide that. While you and a select group of people on the forums may disagree about this, please understand you are a very small minority. You are still entitled to your opinions and can live and play the way you want.

Finally I ask: Why are you defending this price? Would you not like it if it went down in price? Would you rather it go up?
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Who are on your side? I only think the majority of them are from Valefor where I often read complaints here. $13 is like an hour I earn from work. What I think would happen if they lower the price.

Lower price = higher rate of "no plan" from the developers and higher chance of shutdown NA/EU services.

That being said, I don't regret paying $13 a month and would like to see this game alive for more years. Maybe lowering the price is better for your friends but if my friends want to come back they just go to FF14 instead.

Pay or don't play. Who knows about the mobile version.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Coding content isn't the only thing that the subscription fee could go to. Right now there is an update every 2 months which is really more than I expect from any game, but something that would be super cool is if they saved up some money and updated the servers with faster and better machines. That's something I can get behind as well.
    (1)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jile View Post
    First, welcome to XI!

SE has made a wonderful game for you to explore. If you take your time, watch and read the cutscenes in the large number of missions and quests, there is a lot to take in and enjoy. If you're looking for quick gratification and an instantly uber powerful character, you're going to be disappointed. If you're wanting to solo (with trusts) your way through over a decade of content and working toward ilvl119 gear so you can take part in harder content, then you're in the right place.

I've heard the reddit linkshell on Asura https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/ needs 2 linkshells to hold all their members because the 1st one overflows and while I see new players all the time here on Phoenix for example, there just are not a lot of people able to dedicate their time to assist new players like there used to be... I can't speak for Bahamut but if it's as dead as you're saying, like Hoshi said, you may want to consider moving to or restarting on Asura.

While the fan site's like ffxiah.com, http://www.bg-wiki.com/ and http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com sites will get you through, when you know what to look for.. the wiki's are severely outdated as the main players who maintained it retired from XI long ago.

While it's also severely outdated, you may get some benefit looking at this site to locate where decent camps of yesteryear were to ease some of your search for where to get exp from: http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/

I hope you enjoy your experience on XI. Again, welcome.

Theres just one big problem with Reddit LS, no sackholders. So they have 100 members and no one can invite you to the LS.
    (0)

Character
    Roybatty
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 52
    I'm returning after 13 years, so it's basically been learning from scratch. Asura is populated, and I easily found an active LS with helpful players. I'd suggest this server for any new or returning player.
    (0)

Player
    To all of those complaining about the base monthly fee, my FFXI bill is $43/mon, so it can very easily get worse. lol It's expensive being an altoholic. ^^;;
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3