Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Player vienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    174
    Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Well everyone on here is hopelessly addicted or brand newish.

    This game absolutely does not deserve its 12.95 monthly fee. If I were just starting out, I wouldn't stick around.
    You're the most negative person here on the forum, let people determine for themselves if they want to play or not.
    (8)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

  2. #12
    Player
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    You're the most negative person here on the forum, let people determine for themselves if they want to play or not.
    Opinions You Do Not Like != Negativity

    For all you know, Vae could be the single most honest person on the forums. And how are people supposed to know if they want to play or not without information? Negative reviews are more useful (in content) than positive ones. (ratio of postive:negative is important, too.) Negative reviews say that someone was so frustrated with or disliked so intensely the game, in whole or part, that they decided to take time out of their lives to type up something on the internet for random strangers detailing what they had a problem with. I know for me, personally, what can make or break a game is not "has few things I like" but "has things I can't stand". If you made an exact duplicate of XI, with all the changes I could want that I, personally, think are what should be done to balance the game, but you replaced all the character models with Carebears, and all the music/sound effects in the game with various people making various silly noises with their mouths, I'd be unable to play it. Everything I could possibly want, except for two things that I absolutely cannot stand? No dice.
    (0)

  3. #13
    Player Vae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    244
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    You're the most negative person here on the forum, let people determine for themselves if they want to play or not.
    It's called honesty. I'm one of the ONLY honest people that play this game anymore. And I get constantly banned from this forum for BEING HONEST.
    (0)

  4. #14
    Player Angemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    114
    Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's Valli from ffxiah, the guy has mental issues and now that he is banned from everywhere he came here. Hates this game and trash talks it all the time and yet still subbed and harassing people on forums lol.
    (4)

  5. #15
    Player
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    It's Valli from ffxiah, the guy has mental issues and now that he is banned from everywhere he came here. Hates this game and trash talks it all the time and yet still subbed and harassing people on forums lol.
    Wait, really?
    (0)

  6. #16
    Player Angemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    114
    Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yep, I'm guessing his main account got banned or he created that name to avoid his history in some fashion.

    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45...kens/3#3024300

    Can check that there where he confirms that he is Valli, and just by looking at his posting mannerisms you can tell lol.
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player Collavoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    27
    Character
    Thedraxis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 94
    OP, I've been wanting to reply for a few days; but just haven't taken the time to.

    As someone who just came back a couple months ago, I'm having a pretty good time in spite of some struggles in figuring out how I can gear up.

    I think you'll have a better time if you think of the game as a harder version of FFXII. Do the stories, try to see if you can get into a new player LS (use the concierge to find one), see if you meet other people.

    This game has a pretty good story (even if it's told in a bit of a convoluted way at times); and a very deep world that you won't necessarily find in any of the offline FFs. And now that the stories have wrapped up; you can actually "finish" this game.

    If you're a fan of the series, I'd say go for it!
    (1)

  8. #18
    Player cengeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    90
    Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Offering my own opinion on the matter. I have to partially agree with Vae: There is so much content in the game at this point that I can't imagine how overwhelmed a new player would be. There's so much to do, and there are a lot of roadblocks as well. It's more mentally exhausting than anything.

    That being said, i still think you will have a lot of fun. The game is seriously addicting. From a new player perspective, I think the missions from nations and expansions would be quite fun.

    Finally, Vae is right about one thing no contest: 12.95 a month is a ridiculous price for a game that is no longer getting major updates. 5.95 would be more reasonable.
    (1)

  9. #19
    Player Vae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    244
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    While I do enjoy the infamy and adoration of my fans, it's relevant to the thread. I've changed my name 9 times, no one cares. (if you want to impress someone, try to figure out who I was before #8.)

    Is the game worth playing in it's current state, for the value it's set at: no.

    Is it pointless for new players to start: yes.

    Is that my opinion, and am I allowed to express that: yes.

    OP has had his question answered, carry on.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 02-22-2016 at 06:37 AM.

  10. #20
    Player Madness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7
    Character
    Madness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cengeal View Post
    Offering my own opinion on the matter. I have to partially agree with Vae: There is so much content in the game at this point that I can't imagine how overwhelmed a new player would be. There's so much to do, and there are a lot of roadblocks as well. It's more mentally exhausting than anything.

    That being said, i still think you will have a lot of fun. The game is seriously addicting. From a new player perspective, I think the missions from nations and expansions would be quite fun.

    Finally, Vae is right about one thing no contest: 12.95 a month is a ridiculous price for a game that is no longer getting major updates. 5.95 would be more reasonable.
    12.95 too much? Really? That amount is very realistic for 30 days of entertainment. I mean that's like 1 lunch or one movie or something. C'mon man
    (3)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast