Internet Connection Speed: 40MB
    Date & Time: Feb. 10, 2016
    Frequency: Continuous
    Character Name: Hawkwing
    Race: Mithra
    World: Leviathan
    Main Job: BST, Lv.99
    Support Job: Ninja
    Area and Coordinates: Western Adoulin MH is where I logged out before update
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None
    Steps:

1. Logged out before update, everything was fine.

2. After update I am no longer able to login to my main character playing on my Xbox 360 version. It goes all the way to the character select screen then once I've chosen my character it just hangs with a blank screen and no music for several minutes until saying cannot connect to server and booting me back to character select screen.

3. Can still login to my mule character on Xbox 360 version on the same account, it is only my main character where this is happening.

4. Can login perfectly fine still after update on the PC version, it is only my Xbox 360 version where I can't login to ever since the update. Has the update caused an error with the Xbox 360 version of the game?

Thanks!
    (2)

Character
    Darkiori
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have the exact issue, when I called FFXI they said to open ports and that its a connection issue with my 360, I beg to differ, if you get any info let me know please
    (0)

Character
    Jedd
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm also experiencing this, glad to see I'm not alone. I'm guessing you're getting FFXI-4001, as well?

It'll stay at a black screen for about a minute after choosing my main before taking me into the game. It will do the typical 5~ second freeze upon zoning while it loads all my items, but this time it lasts for a good minute until FFXI-4001 comes up telling me there's "no response from the server." Perhaps something has changed with that?

Nothing has changed between today and yesterday regarding my router/connection settings. I was able to play normally right up until logging off last night.
    (0)

Maybe they terminated console service early.
    (0)

Character
    Hawkwing
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Maybe they terminated console service early.
    Can't be that as I can still log into my mule on the Xbox 360 version. Just not my main character.

It must be something that changed during the update as we were playing perfectly fine right up until that. Really is a shame as I'm unable to play now, missing Rainbow Campaign etc. Plus the whole paying monthly to supposed to be able to play the game part.
    (0)