Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    the run up to the avatar takes longer than tenzen does to kill.
    Really? That's very interesting. Am I missing any HP near tenzen BC? Which HP did you use? Because the running from my usual HP near Tenzen BC takes longer than killing avatar itself. I guess I probably missed some HP right outside of BC which caused tenzen spam a lot less efficient.

Also since you mentioned the run up to the avatars, I've been thinking of having one person /THF or main THF flee pull it to entrance or toward everyone else to save time, but I haven't try it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    No, not really. Just another generic fight. Nothing exciting, or interesting, or new, or entertaining.
    So grinding from easy BC is boring for you, doing Reisenjima HELM is "generic fight, nothing exciting/interesting/new or entertaining". What else in this game that you find it fun/interesting/exciting? Why not play a different video game? Because really, you don't seem to enjoy playing this game at all and I can't think of any current content in this game that you may enjoy.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 02-28-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I just like to say, 10,000 is not extreme. I expected something like this in a form of escha way and not something that already existed. But 10,000 imo seems reasonable.
    (1)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    I just like to say, 10,000 is not extreme. I expected something like this in a form of escha way and not something that already existed. But 10,000 imo seems reasonable.
    Personally I think it would be reasonable if there were more methods to obtain the items we need. The only way to really farm them is by spamming High-Tier Battlefields at the moment, but if there's a better way, please, tell me. I think 1,000 would be reasonable, maybe even 5,000. But then again, reasonable is a subjective term.
    (2)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cengeal View Post
    Personally I think it would be reasonable if there were more methods to obtain the items we need. The only way to really farm them is by spamming High-Tier Battlefields at the moment, but if there's a better way, please, tell me. I think 1,000 would be reasonable, maybe even 5,000. But then again, reasonable is a subjective term.
    Any FFXI player that's played this game for years should know that if you want the best out of a relic, mythic, or empyrean weapon that you have to earn it. The people who took the time to afterglow these weapons beforehand by previous methods had to work hard for theirs either by farming the 5 + 250 marrows, 3 + 150 scoria, or 6 + 60 Riftdross/Riftcinders, all at which at the time were not so easy to get unless you had a huge pocketbook of gil at that time. Square-Enix wasn't going to simply just give people a hand out on Afterglow weapons. In fact, it could have been worse. It could have been 2,500 umbral marrows, 1,500 mulibar's scoria, or 600 riftdross/riftcinders needed.

For those that did the Afterglow weapons beforehand, they got rewarded by only needing 1 stone of the type of weapon. Otherwise, 10,000 is not a really bad deal at all. Quite frankly, I rather deal with the 10,000 requirement. Regardless you're getting rewarded w/ stones to upgrade and whatever you don't need, you can sell for either profit or put towards more of what you need. Also, I think it takes less time to just go farm the merits to do the fights than it would to go farm pops in dynamis or zeni nm's, or rely on a less that 1% drop rate on riftdross/riftcinders at maximum lights on voidwatch.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 03-10-2016 at 01:39 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Square-Enix wasn't going to simply just give people a hand out on Afterglow weapons. In fact, it could have been worse.
    The thing is, the afterglow was painted as an optional project for bored people with a lot of time/money on their hands. It wasn't painted as something that was required to use your relic or something that would be required in the future.
    (1)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The thing is, the afterglow was painted as an optional project for bored people with a lot of time/money on their hands. It wasn't painted as something that was required to use your relic or something that would be required in the future.
    I agree w/ that comment, but for people who did it, it's still something you had to earn and take a lot of work to do. Pretty much, people who are like "why did you make this 10,000 stones. that's too many. only high-tier bcnm's drop them" don't want to work for the boosted stats that much*, hence my "Square-Enix wasn't going to simply just give people a hand out on Afterglow weapons" comment.

For me, I didn't want to hunt down 125-250 more Arch Dynamis Lords, 75-150 more Pandemonum Wardens, or god knows how many Morta's, Ig-Alima's, Botulus Rex's, or Bismarck's I had to kill before and after this announcement on upgrading these weapons happened, but I still wanted an afterglow weapon. So I took the other path, and I felt I earned my first weapon farming/buying 10,000 more stones. I farmed about 80% of the stones needed for it and bought the other 20%.

I didn't make much profit off of other stones not needed because I made a deal w/ another player on trading 1 type of stone he needed for the type i needed as we worked together on duo'ing VD Ark Angel MR fights. We averaged 400-800 stones daily for like 3 weeks.

*: Edited to add more to my post
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 03-10-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    Any FFXI player that's played this game for years should know that if you want the best out of a relic, mythic, or empyrean weapon that you have to earn it. The people who took the time to afterglow these weapons beforehand by previous methods had to work hard for theirs either by farming the 5 + 250 marrows, 3 + 150 scoria, or 6 + 60 Riftdross/Riftcinders, all at which at the time were not so easy to get unless you had a huge pocketbook of gil at that time. Square-Enix wasn't going to simply just give people a hand out on Afterglow weapons. In fact, it could have been worse. It could have been 2,500 umbral marrows, 1,500 mulibar's scoria, or 600 riftdross/riftcinders needed.

For those that did the Afterglow weapons beforehand, they got rewarded by only needing 1 stone of the type of weapon. Otherwise, 10,000 is not a really bad deal at all. Quite frankly, I rather deal with the 10,000 requirement. Regardless you're getting rewarded w/ stones to upgrade and whatever you don't need, you can sell for either profit or put towards more of what you need. Also, I think it takes less time to just go farm the merits to do the fights than it would to go farm pops in dynamis or zeni nm's, or rely on a less that 1% drop rate on riftdross/riftcinders at maximum lights on voidwatch.
    Like I said, it's all subjective. Could it have been worse? Yes. Could it have been better? Yes. Each one of those ideas is as equally effective/ineffective as an argument point.

I'm not interested in turning this into some kind of debate or feud, just remember that not everybody shares opinions. Some people will agree with your statement, some will agree with mine, and others might have a view that's completely separate.

Now, I'm putting myself into the hypothetical situation where I upgraded my Kikoku to have an afterglow. Am I happy that I have less trouble to go through than most other owners? yes. However, I'm also imagining myself to be quite irritated that it cost me about an extra 100m (that's comparing the current prices of plutons vs. marrows) to do it. At best, that's a bittersweet feeling. At worst, I'm feeling that my motivation betrayed me.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    To reiterate, up until this, Afterglow had always been something optional, at 99 and at 119 I. For as completely worthless as afterglow is, forcing us to attain it, even if it's at half of the gil cost, is extremely disrespectful in terms of them going back on the 'afterglow is optional' thing.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    To reiterate, up until this, Afterglow had always been something optional, at 99 and at 119 I. For as completely worthless as afterglow is, forcing us to attain it, even if it's at half of the gil cost, is extremely disrespectful in terms of them going back on the 'afterglow is optional' thing.
    Yes indeed- people would say it's disrespectful to the people that did the afterglows as well if the trial wasn't long, but that was exactly our point when this stuff was announced- if they simply kept the two seperate paths, all would have been well.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I honestly don't think I'd ever seen someone with afterglow before this.
    (0)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast