Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

10000 plutons seems too extreme to upgrade relics

Does anyone else think 10000 plutons to upgrade relics is way too high?

I upgraded 2 relics to 119 when plutons first came out and it took about 3 months each do both. It was a huge long grind that didn't take much skill at doing merit point parties then doing some remedial ark angel fights.

Now they are asking us to get 10000 which is about 33x as much as the first upgrade to ilvl 119.

I find this extremely unreasonable. It took me 3 months to do 300, so to get 10000 it will take about 8.25 years, I doubt the game severs will even be up by then.
    (8)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    When Plutons first came out I think they only dropped from Delve NMs and maybe WKR. But now they drop from every hard mode BC and every SKC fight. So it won't take you 8 years.

I agree that it's a lot and if you have a lot of weapons to upgrade the numbers get really intimidating. I hope that the high tier battlefield campaign that's going on this week becomes a regular thing because it'll be needed. On the bright side, here's another thing to farm and sell that players of every skill/commitment level can use to make money. On top of that, it encourages people to team up to tackle higher tier difficulties instead of just spamming normal or easy with trusts.
    (2)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    I own a Mandau and I'm fine with this, it should be hard.

One thing I'm not fine with is how certain relics got screwed on their updated aftermaths and added effects though.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'm upgrading an Annihilator, and I'm about 600 into it in less than 24 hours. It won't take you "8.25 years" at all. Maybe 1-2 months of casual grinding as long as you are able to stay focused and have a group to do Difficult or Very Difficult BCNMs with.
    (0)
    Last edited by Siviard; 02-11-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I agree that it's a little painstaking but it'll hardly take "forever." Doing battlefields, as people suggests, is gonna be your best bet. Plus, while you're there, you can get Beitetsu that you can trade/sell depending on your server's economy (if prices are similar like they are on Valefor, it may be easier to outright trade instead of playing the AH game with people who like to overprice early on for desperate "first-ers") for Plutons. Boulders can even be traded, though depending on your server and its collection of Empyreans, your mileage may be different.

Make use of this campaign, as it opens an extra drop slot that can contain boxes (the bigger containers) instead of just cases/parcels.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I remember when r/e/m upgrades first came out and I thought it would take forever to get 300 plutons. In the end it wasn't as bad as I imagined. 10,000 is a big number but I think it's doable, just be patient! Don't buy the items at crazy prices either - eventually they'll go down.
    (1)

The thing is I don't know anyone who plays the game anymore I finished the first relic by doing the easiest difficulty solo because that is the solo difficulty. It only drops 1 maybe and you don't always get the right one you are looking for. Honestly I don't see how anyone could get 600 in 1 day. That is not counting the time in abyssea it takes to get merits to do the fights. Just seems like a huge grind and really not worth doing at this point.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ...Two things!

First, many jobs can solo N or higher, which gets you two personal drops. I've done avatars on PUP or RUN or BST, done Dawn on Difficult as BLU or Head Wind, Warrior's Path, or even Fenrir on N as BLU. Many of the AAs can be soloed, with proper preparation.

Two! Building merits in Abyssea what? Go to Reisenjima or one of the gates. With the EXP campaign I'm getting a merit every kill, and as I raise my chain, I'm hitting 15-17k EXP/kill. I jump over to a job I need CP on (SCH atm) and go kill things. One Chain 50 or so usually gets me 15~18 JP and caps off my merits, at which point I switch back to my other jobs for battlefields, and repeat the process. 600 in a day is totally reasonable, albeit requiring some luck and/or exchanging.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    10000 plutons is obviously a lot but I expected it to be worse.

But it's just plutons? Not the other similar thingys?

BTW where can I see the stats of the updated relics?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-11-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    10000 plutons is obviously a lot but I expected it to be worse.

But it's just plutons? Not the other similar thingys?

BTW where can I see the stats of the updated relics?
    Each weapon group takes a different stone: Relics -> Plutons, Mythics -> Beitetsu, Empyrean -> Boulders.

As for the stats, I saw the stats at BG Wiki. They seem to have all the items posted now.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast