Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Please sell the ability to instantly level your character's jobs to level 99.

Anyway you guys can sell a code or something that allows players to level up all jobs to 99 or select the jobs they want to 99'ed.

I also want a cash shop. I don't have a lot of time, but I have disposable income. Many people playing this game probably have grown up and doing well for themselves.

I'd like to see the Ambuscade items in the cash shop. It would make this game better.

And no, I'm not trolling or anything. I love this game, but to get people to do anything or try to organize anything is hell. I spend more time trying to figure out to solo stuff than trying to form parties because I just don't have the time for it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Numquam; 09-11-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You love this game, but yet you want to pay to skip playing this game.

That's.. some odd logic.

It really doesn't take long to get to level 99 these days. You could have it done in a couple RL days if you knew how to do it. If you have two accounts, you can just park one in someplace like Cirdas and wail away at mobs and boom, you're 99 a couple hours later.
    (7)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    ...I love this game...
    I love this game too!

What I love most about FFXI, and what separates it from most online games, is that you have to actually be an Adventurer, and go out adventuring. If you want to get stuff, you have to go out and earn it by being an Adventurer, you can't just be a Shopper.

Like the old saying goes ; "pay your dues, or step out of my shiny shoes." That is pretty much the FFXI backbone, the spine of the game. Things are earned, not simply purchased. That is what gives the game solidity, and stratified structure. Characters in FFXI are guardians of Vana'diel, working hard to attain the power and the equipment we need to defeat the constant threats from diabolical enemy attacks on our beloved world.

One thing you should consider, in this hypothetical ShopMaster scenario. I predict 75% of the FFXI players will actually quit if Cash Shops arrive. So the Shopmaster will be in town, with the Jobmaster status that s/he bought, and the glowy weapons and armours that s/he bought, and there will be nobody there to admire all that shiny ShopMaster status, because everybody has quit the game in disgust!

FFXI players who have stayed in the game the longest, are the players who liked the challenges and grind that the game offers. Many players admire FFXI because it has a stratified progression structure, where you have to earn stuff with your own effort. It isn't perfect, and there have always been loopholes that cheats can exploit to take short-cuts. But overall, if you are playing the game as an Adventurer, you will have to go and have adventures, and put in a lot of effort.

Another old saying ; "the journey is the destination." Most of the fun I've had in FFXI is actually the grind, the working towards something. The feeling of having finished working, is very bitter-sweet to me, the euphoria of completion is short-lived. But the journey is long, and it is during this long journey that a person can really start to appreciate the glory and wonder of Vana'diel.
    (5)

Player
    Honestly at this point, there is literally zero purpose in levels 1-98 aside from the level 60 cap kcbc and if they would just uncap that, that'd be great.

So yeah, it doesn't even really need to be bought, just let everyone start at 99 everything.

Cash shop... well that sort of exists already dood. You just have to middle man it. But we're not allowed to talk about such things on here.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Just no......

You're cutting out the majority of content for starters, and the learning/understanding of the jobs that you're playing.
    If someone also just jumps straight to 99, they are going to think they can just jump straight into end game content, and probably quit when they find out they can't get a party, or get a bad reputation because they are, quite frankly, useless.
    More WHM's that don't know what Erase/Poisona/Blindna is, more THF's that don't know what SATA is - No thanks.
    (3)

Player
    I don't think his request would have any real negative repercussions, though there are plenty of things in a cash shop that could, I'm not necessarily opposed to it but I do think we should tread with caution in this area.

As to 'jumping straight to endgame', some people will be able to, some will not, and sure some will quit when they can't, others will quit at the struggle of not understanding the right way to level up and feeling like there's no one else to level with, I can't honestly say which would be the bigger number.

Aysha: I'll agree, it doesn't take long to get to 99 these days, even without help but especially with, but most truly new players don't really comprehend this, I don't actually see the harm in letting them skip some of the learning curve. The "You love this game, but yet you want to pay to skip playing this game." is a ludicrous argument though, just because he loves the game as a whole doesn't mean he loves all parts of it, your argument is akin to, "You love your car, but you want to pay someone else to rebuild your engine?"

Stompa: I'll agree that some versions of a cash shop could indeed drive the playerbase away, I don't think level-skipping itself would, though job-point skipping might, it's mostly a matter of how fair and unfair it feels to the playerbase. As to "the journey is the destination bit", certainly not everyone feels that way (I don't), we all enjoy this game, and all of life, in different ways, there's no cut and dry right or wrong here, there's only what makes the most amount of people happy. I could certainly be wrong and more people could be upset by the idea of pay-to-start-99 than I think, but my guess is that specific ask would be more positive than negative net to the community, that said, I'm not sure SE would actually make enough money with that alone to bother implementing it, and if they add more things, if they're not careful, they could indeed drive the whole playerbase away.
    (1)

Player
    Asura
    Not surprised.

It takes a matter of an hour or two to get to 99 if you simply network and make friends in this game.

The only thing I want in cash shops for this game are optional QoL improvements like Wardrobes/satchels.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sfchakan; 09-11-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Player
    Honestly I hate inventory expansion being paid for with RL money, I would much rather see LV99 there.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    Not surprised.It takes a matter of an hour or two to get to 99 if you simply network and make friends in this game.
    Asura is littered with PL mercs. Constant shouts from various people offering a PL service.

I dont really understand the rush to get to 99 personally, it doesn't even take long to get to 99, even soloing the traditional way (even more so via the FoV/GoV books).
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I once accidentally took blu to 99 just screwing around for a bit. The fact that people think it's a remotely exhausting task is just bizarre. Then again I still disbelieve that I've actually seen people beg for help in genkai 2/3 when the danger is bypassed by mounts and or sneak/in is. They do this for hours
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast